anyone interested in another songwriting contest?

• Thread starter scat7s
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got the itch to write. the outdoor weather is leaving us for another season...spend some quality time with your gear instead?

here's what im thinking...no prizes, just bragging rights.

not a bunch of dumb f*cking rules....its the honor system, the only rules are it cannot be something old and/or prerecorded.

you have to have written it specifically for this project. acoustic, electric, hip hop, long, short, instrumental, words, who cares.

use your judgement. it must be original, and new, everything else is fair game.

if you dont have recording gear, no matter. record it on a boombox or your phone. it doesnt have to be elaborate or high tech. a good song is a good song so dont get hung up on the technical aspect.

we'd need some judges, but im thinking it might be best to keep the judges anonymous. at least until the thing is over. also, i think this time we should not post our songs until like the day before the deadline, or some short window of time b4 the deadline. so every participant is sharing their tracks at the same time more or less.

in addition to the judges we could do a popular vote like last time as well.

as far as judges go, ive got a couple/few people in mind, who span several genre's and are pros. though, i have no idea if these people i have in mind would be interested in taking part.

also, judges could participate, but they simply could not vote for their own song.

anyway, its been a while since we did something like this. you guys in the mood?

oh yeah, im also thinking like 1 month for a timeframe? that gives everyone time to put their best work forward, while also having time to deal with life.

yeah? no?

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe we could get vin to hand out an honorary VIP badge and a parking space for prizes?

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You want to bring your own judges in to score your own competition... and do so anonymously? That sounds totally legit. Where do I sign up?

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
oh dude, give me a break!

i think i got 1 or 2 votes last time out of like 50 haha...i couldnt care less about winning. trust me. and to boot, the guys that hang out here dont generally like my stuff much, thats just a fact. im totally ok with that.

but to be clear...i have a couple of people in mind, i dont know if they would be interested or not. but, ultimately, ideally, they would be anonymous until its over.

it avoids ass kissing and pm;s and all that crap. keep it real. and they could participate if they chose.

hey, whatever, just a thought....something to do.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
i hoped i could count on you aus.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
hey son volt, i'll tell you what, if i win you can have my parking space. good enough? i also want to add that the people i am thinking about? most of them dont even like me. i have them in my head b/c they are A) experienced musicians and good at what they do
B) they have divergent tastes in music.

no aus, you cant make vox mandatory, we wouldnt have enough participants.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't they like you?

Aussie - didn't you and Die get into a fist fight the last time this went down? I wasn't around back then but I've heard people alude to it.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
smokey you in bro?

defend your title?

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
Why don't they like you?

for the same reason a lot of people around here dont like me.

big mouth, opinionated, sometimes obnoxious etc you know the drill.

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
dont worry about aussie, he's going to find something to complain about if he doesnt win...

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in as long as the judges dont go MIA like last time. Its probably good to have a theme isnt it, maybe even a political theme? :cool:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
dont worry about aussie, he's going to find something to complain about if he doesnt win...

I've got $1 on secret judges :lol:

That said, I bet Aus has been working on cool riffs since the last one, so he's gonna come prepared!

scat7s

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in as long as the judges dont go MIA like last time. Its probably good to have a theme isnt it, maybe even a political theme? :cool:

do whatever you want. no theme, no rules.

keep it ridiculously simple. i dont want to answer a bunch of questions or have endless debates about the thing. as long as you wrote it between the time frame of now until the end of it, if we get enough interest to do it, its fair.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just dicking around. I assume that was understood.
Aussie has some great skill and he can actually sing.