Apparently I hang out here too much

• Thread starter iron broadsword
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
...because I don't even bother looking at other amp brands anymore. I'm not even a jerk about it, I've just found that my ears like the marshall tones better. Kinda crazy, because there are a lot of good tones out there.

So I guess that makes me a snob.

wakjob

Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with this.

But try not to be so close minded. There's tons of great amps to try out there.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
I am the same way...good job!

I was wearing my Marshall T-shirt on our trip to Florida, and some little punk at Whataburger tried to tell me what Marshalls are all about and that he likes Soldano better... you know, being a smart ass in thinking I didn't know what a Marshall was...so I had to tell him that a Soldano was just a modified Marshall and not to get his panties in a wad...and go get my burger!

Giblespaul2001

Reaction score
...because I don't even bother looking at other amp brands anymore. I'm not even a jerk about it, I've just found that my ears like the marshall tones better. Kinda crazy, because there are a lot of good tones out there.

So I guess that makes me a snob.

Me to!

I have owned them all more than once. And now in my older and wiser days I am a little lighter in the wallet due to trying them all. I can honestly say that No other brand of amps create any GAS for me. Now Marshall's....that's a different story

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
Marshalls first since 1977, but I also like my Fenders. Really depends on the music and which tone I am after. A little variety is good.

Adrian R

Reaction score
Dude, Marshall in many ways for me is the only reason why I play guitar!

For me NOTHING sounds like a Marshall...

I've owned a few different amps...

But nothing feels, sounds or looks like a Marshall..

In my early days I was a drummer, and the guitarist in our band one day sold his Ampeg guitar amp and brought over a 50w JMP combo..

I was STUNNED, and a year or so later I was playing guitar completely abandoning the drums, never looking back...with a Marshall of course...could only play a few chords but I had a mint conditioned JMP 50 halfstack! I remember buying the entire halfstack for only $600.00...I was living on a ship back then in the US Navy...got home late from the travel back from where I bought it..my storage unit was closed for the evening...so I slept in my car with it that night in fear of someone stealing it. I felt so damn cool with the Marshall in my car...LOL...

Last edited:

P-Nutz

Reaction score
I own Marshalls for punk ..

... Fenders for funk ...
... all the rest're just junk ...
(just kidding ... I'm drunk ...)

Actually, I'm four for four ....

Peace.

mott555

Reaction score
I used to play Crates and Peaveys. I knew of Marshall but never checked them out. I went through a few different Peaveys that sounded pretty good, but they just didn't sound right to me. Eventually I played a Marshall JVM at a store and it sounded just right. I realized I always wanted a Marshall and just never knew it.

My main amp will always be a Marshall. I like having other makes for some variety, but I don't think anything will dethrone the mighty Marshall. They were "that" sound I had in my head all along. The only other major brand that comes close is Orange.

Latest posts