are floyd roses out of fashion yet?

• Thread starter EL 34
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

• FR rule and so do spandex pants

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • FR are as dated as 80s glam rock

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

Bigmuff

Reaction score
poison1_zpsa907ed36.jpg~original

Why would a guy named Floyd Rose post a photo that proves Floyd Roses are out of style?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
How about someone that's in style?

Artist03.jpg

Jake Bowen of Periphery with his signature Ibanez JBM100. It has an Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge, which is like a Floyd Rose on steroids.

zachman

Reaction score
Apparently Rambo is a cork sniffing troll who likes to make uneducated opinions on what he deems to be quality just because he has a lot of money and no talent whatsoever. This link below is another sign of small dick syndrome which Sylvester suffers at the moment.;)

http://www.marshallforum.com/guitar...ge-frequency-related-quality-your-guitar.html:wave:

Rambo needs to get a life FFS!:mad:

That's why I recognized his contribution as hollow, rendering his opinion useless.

Remember-- Idiots have opinions too-- so, consider the source, before taking someone's opinion to heart. Life's too short, to waste time with trolls just looking to stir controversy.

:yesway:

Bear R.

Reaction score
I love my Floyd.couldnt live w/out it..my buddy did install a Treml-no just for heck of it.i like it too.best of both worlds right there..
ps..Steve Vai is the wizard of floating trems..he is freakin leathal w/that bad boy.the pic below is my ESP Formula "FR"....

Attachments

• esp 4.jpg
    esp 4.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 3

hellride

Reaction score
I don't know why you seem to hate all of the great 60's guitar tones, all of the best sounding Marshalls were made in the 60's !!!!

In your opinion that is. My favourites come from a 2205 or a Silver Jub.

I love floyds and I'll have one in my new superstrat. I've never had a pair of spandex nor hav I had leather-pants. But I grew up with and love the "big hair"-genre. I mean, what's not to like? Musicians that acutally could play. EVH, Andy Timmons, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie, John Norum, Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbell, Vai, JK Northrup. The list goes on...

hellride

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot! How the hell can you (EL34) say that floyd users are 80's spandex-wearing losers?

Alex Lifeson & Rush has NEVER been a part of that genre. Dimebag was a part of it for a short period before they made it with Pantera. And his whole sound was based on a fr.

hbucker

Reaction score
Floyds as a fashion accessory simply to look cool on stage?? Probably out of fashion and should be (along with spandex).

Floyds as an awesome tool for creating different sounds and tuning stability? No way! Floyds rock!