• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

AVT112 on GC $119

• Thread starter fitz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

1728174701500.png

Big 1x12 cab at a good price if anyone's interested.

I have one of these as a B cab for my Origin50H.
(I did a little bit of cosmetic alterations since this pic)

O50H.01.jpg

Stock speaker sucks, and it's not exactly baltic birch, but I'm not a cab wood snob.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a great deal, but after my experience with MX cabs, I'll have to pass on anything other than ply.
Yeah, they're basically the same particle board style construction as the MX / Origin cabs.
Big for a 1x12 at 23-1/2 x 20 x 11.
Good size for the O50H if you just want a 112 that doesn't Stonehenge the head.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're basically the same particle board style construction as the MX / Origin cabs.
Big for a 1x12 at 23-1/2 x 20 x 11.
Good size for the O50H if you just want a 112 that doesn't Stonehenge the head.

It's perfect size for a 112 IMO, it looks great and I'd bet it sounds better than the MX 112. I wish they made a ply version, but it would probably be way over priced if they did.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to put it in the cart to see what the shipping would be and I got this..

wdkk8ZG.png

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I have the H30 55hz It sounded great w/ a greenback too...

the stock speaker, is a100 watt, that IMO doesn't compliment guitar well. Throw in your favorite guitar speaker & it should sound good.

IIRC, I probably persuaded fitz to get his...

that sucks that it sold. They are nice cab's & don't come up for sale often.

There was a guy, that had a rhino, or a hippo as his AVI. Seems like he was a fisherman by trade & lived down in the Keys. Seems that he bought a couple cab's, that were like this (oversized) that he got from Bob at Sourmash. That was way back, around the time of the Billy Blades debacle...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
not really... if you know about that cab, you know

It was at a great price. They don't come up for sale very often. Fitz found a couple, a while back, but, IIRC, they were in the $300 range, in MN...

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
not really... if you know about that cab, you know

It was at a great price. They don't come up for sale very often. Fitz found a couple, a while back, but, IIRC, they were in the $300 range, in MN...
I paid $199 + S&T for the one shown above.
Found another about a week later for $99.
Put it in my cart, checked out and paid, but never got an order confirmation.
Must have been a duplicate sale that beat me out by a matter of seconds, and they zeroed out my order.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
So strange that it sold so quick. :ugh:

I thought y'all would get my hint ^^. :lol: Between what I said earlier about "after my experience with MX cabs, I'll have to pass on anything other than ply" and "I'd bet it sounds better than the MX 112" and then Dogs said "it's actually a sleeper cab..." and then I realized it's from GC and I can drive 15 minutes down the road to return it if I don't like it....well, it was a no brainer. You know I've been on a cab quest. I thought, it's a great price and I can return it if I don't like it so why not give it a chance... I'm going to see how it compares to my MX cab. It's got to be better and I'm about to find out. :)

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a AVT 50 combo a while back, back before I bought my Class 5 and joined this forum. It sounded great when it was working, I thought there was something wrong with it because it ate 12ax7 tubes. Now I know it was probably just a dirty socket, but I hadn't found these forums yet and didn't know that was a thing.

Latest posts