AVT50H for 60 bucks - buy or let fly?

• Thread starter Tatzmann
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Buy or let fly.

• Buy, you corksniffin b'astad!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Meh.

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Somehow i thought they were fullsize heads,
but after checking they are not as wide as a standard JCM or JMP100 and deeper. That fact makes it even less attractive to me because i dont own a Valvestate cab and i dislike the slightly retarded look of small head/big cabinet. Its disturbing to look at.

I considered using the headbox for my first 2000DSL that i bought chassis only. It sits in an unfinished plexistyle headshell atm. Oh well, gotta finish it then.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they the same as the Valvestates? My co-guitarist has a valvestate (not sure of it's that same one) as a backup. He's never used it so I never heard it

How'd it sound?
They did sound pretty good, but when you want to get out in the mix , like a real full tube amp does, I would crank the volume and use the gain for level, it gave it more bite. I have since sold both of them, but they were not very costly to grab.. in the first place.
I believe I paid $ 175 a head or so

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Where is it Ill go get it lol
I won't know, since its gone.:p

1 hour roundtrip i'd snagged it i think, but 2 hours wasnt worth the headache, since i got a spaceproblem anyway.

I think it'll make someone happy. A newbie too Marshall should have a good time with it.

My old 8100 is still going strong and it is on par, or i'd even say better sounding in most cases than a 900DR. But its also not much of a looker imo, the AVT50 atleast looks its part.

Resident 217

Reaction score
MARSHALL AVT50H VALVESTATE -Head cab Dimensions: 674 x 250 x 254mm
thats roughley 26.5x9.8x10 in inches
MDF or not Id have gotten it head, cabs are rare and expensive-
I enjoy driving if its nice out a 2 hours to see unusual places-

Last edited:

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Not a tube amp but AVTs are one of my favorite Marshall amps.
I love their tone.
60 bucks and it works and looks good...... no brainer.

They are a little refined from the early valvestate tone, but I think they are smoother and project great Marshall gain tones.

Just enough bottom thump and nice tight top end.

Neptical

Reaction score
Had a fellow guitarist who toured and recorded with the AVT50H and a 4x10. Killer Marshall grind. Very tube like CRANKING. I was using a Single Rectifier 50w and a JCM800 1960 412 at the time and they complimented each other pretty damn well!