Best of JVM 410h and 410hJS...

• Thread starter libertarian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

libertarian

Reaction score
So I'm back to looking into the JVM as an alternative in my rig. Unfortunately, my local dealers don't have both versions in stock so I haven't compared in person.

From what I see the JVM Satriani model has a bunch of features that I like. Noise gates inside the amp, professional serial parallel loop, more midi options. All good. Except for the idea to bring back the clean voicing from the 6100. That was a horrible amp in my personal experience.

Is there any reasonable way to change the JS version so that the clean sound is more modern, fuller and more like the one in the standard model?

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
So I'm back to looking into the JVM as an alternative in my rig. Unfortunately, my local dealers don't have both versions in stock so I haven't compared in person.

From what I see the JVM Satriani model has a bunch of features that I like. Noise gates inside the amp, professional serial parallel loop, more midi options. All good. Except for the idea to bring back the clean voicing from the 6100. That was a horrible amp in my personal experience.

Is there any reasonable way to change the JS version so that the clean sound is more modern, fuller and more like the one in the standard model?
One option you can do is purchase first purchase a brand new JVM 410H from a company that gives the buyer a kind of satisfaction guarantee. Make sure the guarantee allows you the option to get your money back and/or trade up to something better. So, if you find you don't like the JVM 410H, you can trade up to the JVM 410HJS.

I don't like advocating a modification to a new amp, especially if the player/perspective buyer has never played through the amp. Do what you can, even if that means just listening to a bunch of Youtube videos of the 410HJS.

As far as modifying the clean channel/green mode of the 410HJS, I'm not sure if their are any mods out there yet that have made people happier with the clean channel/green mode. You could try the JVM Forum and see what they got there. But if you do have the intentions of modifying the clean channel/green mode on the 410HJS, I'd say buy a used 410HJS so that you don't lose money on voided warranty.

libertarian

Reaction score
One option you can do is purchase first purchase a brand new JVM 410H from a company that gives the buyer a kind of satisfaction guarantee. Make sure the guarantee allows you the option to get your money back and/or trade up to something better. So, if you find you don't like the JVM 410H, you can trade up to the JVM 410HJS.

I don't like advocating a modification to a new amp, especially if the player/perspective buyer has never played through the amp. Do what you can, even if that means just listening to a bunch of Youtube videos of the 410HJS.

As far as modifying the clean channel/green mode of the 410HJS, I'm not sure if their are any mods out there yet that have made people happier with the clean channel/green mode. You could try the JVM Forum and see what they got there. But if you do have the intentions of modifying the clean channel/green mode on the 410HJS, I'd say buy a used 410HJS so that you don't lose money on voided warranty.

That's good advice. By looking at the features I'd be more inclined to liking the JS. And I have played the standard model several times. I would most certainly buy used since they can be picked up for little money (which makes me wonder why a bit).
I'm also very familiar with the 6100 and just hated that amp. Always went back to my JCM800 when we had a 6100 available in my old band. And by listening to the various tests and videos I know exactly what that clean channel sounds like unfortunately.

It's really too bad because otherwise it seems Marshall got it all right this time on the JS model.

Latest posts