BLACK LABEL SOCIETY CONCERT (Marshall Pictures ensue)

• Thread starter chuckmehh
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chuckmehh

Reaction score
Metal Marshall ... looks great.
A lot better then the Mode Four !
JCM800 with 6550 ... hmm .. I wonder how it's sounds compared to the AFD100 ...

More headroom, overall "bigger" sound I would say are the only noticeable differences. Probably very similar to be honest.

StootMonster

Reaction score
You cried during his first guitar solo?

I'm sorry bro, I wish you hadn't have mentioned that. You just lost cool points.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
Hell yes it does. He uses 4x 200 watt EV Black Label speakers in his cabs as well. I think his sound has a lot to do with that even though you don't hear about it much. JCM 800+ 6550's+ OD out front= pure Zakk goodness haha

Dude, I'm gonna tell ya, those speakers are THE SHIT. I have mentioned it several times and it just kinda falls to the wayside. ....But you, just may get it....
.....i always used and loved v 30's,...still do....anyway, i bought a 1x12 iso box to record with. It had a V30 in it, and sounded good.....problem was, everyting id get my head (2203zw) up to about 5 my tone would start getting flabby and at 6 the speaker would blow....i went through about 3. I finally decided to try the EV Black Label (i had a friend in the 80's that swore by the m12L ev's). I'm am telling you man, my amp came to LIFE!!!! I got to 5- no flab 6 no flab, just more balls, 7 more ballz, 8 more When I hit 9-10 I heard the best tone I'd ever gotten....by far, it is unreal.

With my 2203 dimed, that one speaker is just sittin there going, "what? thats all you got?" It reproduces what seems to be a wider fq range, and reproduces it SOLID AS A ROCK, if you know what I mean. The low end has NOOOOO flab its just THUD THUD THUD.....and the mother fucking highs, omg. CHRYSTAL CLEAR and smooth.....THAT is when it finally actually sounded like Zakk. The overall tone made me think of like a boosted 2203 w/a sonic maximizer, only "real."

I also bought one for my 4x12 and thats the one i mic. It is very punchy.

carnada

Reaction score

I'm sorry bro, I wish you hadn't have mentioned that. You just lost cool points.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did I mention I cried when I met Adrian Smith's guitar tech? I had to keep my sunglasses on.......

chuckmehh

Reaction score

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

OK haha There were no actual tears; I just got choked up man it was hard to explain. I've seen Zakk 7 or 8 other times and never had the feeling at all. It was the music not him that did because the entire way through the first song I was fine until the solo. It just sounded so damn good and it was just a weird moment. I really can't explain it; if you've never experienced it, it's hard to explain why because I really don't even know why I got like that haha

chuckmehh

Reaction score
Dude, I'm gonna tell ya, those speakers are THE SHIT. I have mentioned it several times and it just kinda falls to the wayside. ....But you, just may get it.....

Hell yeah man, if I could afford them, I would have them for sure. They seem like absolutely killer speakers, and after what you've just said, I DEFINITELY want to try them out. They sound absolutely amazing. People talk such much about his JCMs, his pedals, and his guitars, but nobody ever cares about the speakers, and, like you said, they are a vital part as well!

tonefreak

Reaction score
I think he's supposed to be in Milwaukee either this next week or soon after. I wanna go soo bad. too busy though

if and when his amps hit the market, I'd buy it. they look friggen awesome. and sound friggen awesomer. lol

chuckmehh

Reaction score
I think he's supposed to be in Milwaukee either this next week or soon after. I wanna go soo bad. too busy though

if and when his amps hit the market, I'd buy it. they look friggen awesome. and sound friggen awesomer. lol

Indeed man; they are absolutely amazing looking I think. Being a JCM800, you know they sound slammin too!!!

66 galaxie

VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably the last thing I need is another amp. But if they are making and selling these... I'm in. I'll give plasma if I have to :dude:

core

Reaction score
Funny how there's no mass marketing like AFD100. Zakk's just as much of an influence maybe more, and an even better player as he was named Revolver's Golden God for best guitarist this year.

I dig the new look but Marshall is slacking cause they simply turned Mustaine's signature speaker grill on it's side and give it the metal look instead of black. And Mustaines' had that style for 20 years! Not very creative.

But I'll give 'em credit cause with the metal look it definitely looks massive and very imposing on stage! Not to mention see through head :dude:

chuckmehh

Reaction score
Funny how there's no mass marketing like AFD100. Zakk's just as much of an influence maybe more, and an even better player as he was named Revolver's Golden God for best guitarist this year.

I dig the new look but Marshall is slacking cause they simply turned Mustaine's signature speaker grill on it's side and give it the metal look instead of black. And Mustaines' had that style for 20 years! Not very creative.

But I'll give 'em credit cause with the metal look it definitely looks massive and very imposing on stage! Not to mention see through head :dude:

I agree; it's very similar to the Mustaine grille. Definitely looks imposing though, as you mentioned. It is a great look, but I will not have the coin to buy one, that's for sure haha

tonefreak

Reaction score
speaking of the mustaine cabs, any bets on how long before they don't charge 1200 for one?

I want 2 of em, but not bad enough to pay that much!

chuckmehh

Reaction score
speaking of the mustaine cabs, any bets on how long before they don't charge 1200 for one?

I want 2 of em, but not bad enough to pay that much!

that is ridiculous....what speakers does he use? Considering Zakk's speakers alone are something like $250 a piece, I can only imagine the price of his cabs...:(