Blades Custom Amps latest progress vid..

• Thread starter bulldozer1984
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYs90y4XkL4&list=UULeymFO9XIiaNpTrCZMl00A]BLADES AMP BEHIND THE SCENES PT4 - YouTube[/ame]

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that the one that Satriani was raving about?

WTF its a ferret cage.

midgo

Reaction score
That thing looks like those birthday cakes grandma tries to make of an amp!

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billy...how much extra cost is it to outsource an empty cab and headshell? What I'm seeing is what looks like chicken wire or comparable for a grill. Is that not going to rattle maybe?Why not Grill cloth? Some other cosmetic discrepancies too. To be honest it looks rough.

No venom in me just wondering so take it as constructive criticism and not destructive. I still want to hear the amp. You may want to fine tune the cab and head shell or outsource them. You can tell me to get fucked but I think the mission at hand is to give Steve a killer amp. Sometimes we need to make adjustments in our results.

Wish the best Billy and want it to turn out good for both of you.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Billy please tell me that you aren't sending these cabinets out to Steve looking like that.

tresmarshallz

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would want to get into the business of making cabinets and upholstering them if you didn't have the proper tools and techniques to make them look up to par.
Outsourcing the cabinetry is the only way you could be taken seriously. Focus on your strengths of building/modding amps.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Visually its not my style, I would have gone with a Marshall look and feel but thats me. I can only assume if Steve wanted a Marshall he would have bought one, also I'll assume he conferred with Billy on the design so it shouldnt be a total surprise, I cant imagine laying out big bucks for an unknown. Its definitely original and unique and if thats what they were going for good for them they got there. So lets hear it!

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
that thing looks like those birthday cakes grandma tries to make of an amp!

hahahahahahahahah!!!!!

PC050467.jpg

Last edited:

metromutt

Reaction score
I'm sorta stunned, I watched a couple of the others with the cup holder and the offset marshall handle ...err
And who's Steve btw?

Billyblades

Reaction score
I sent a video to Steve to see a mockup. Nothing is screwed together.. tolex needs to go thru a heat cycle with a heat gun to shrink it around curves and its "not " the final product. Just a rough mockup to show.
I still have to adjust everything and add piping.
Having the last thread destroyed i didnt have an opportunity to "explain " what is goin on.

This is the same reason painters do not show a painting until its finished.
Anyone who "knows " amp building knows this stuff.

Please understand "the process "...

We tried to show in the last thread but it was derailed.

The final amp is still going to have a much more refined and handsome look.

The real suprising thing is the people here who i befriended so willing to throw stones.

This is a little depressing to see but i totally understand. .........

Have a great day.

I removed the video so the people without couthe and knowledge will settle down.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
F*ck you Bulldozer for putting the video up.
I cant get the picture of the amp out of my head now.:lol:
I'm going to have to go and get my memory erazed.

DWK302

Reaction score
Omg!!!:wow:

It looks like it's made out of mustard colored Play-DoH!!! Way to go Billy Blades!! All that smack you talked about being better than Marshalls, Friedmans and Camerons. You're just winging it. At this point, it doesn't even matter what the amp sounds like. It would be an embarrassment to be seen with that goofy looking disaster. Wow. Just wow.

Check out the ghetto pit-bull tattoos in the background. Lol.
The real suprising thing is the people here who i befriended so willing to throw stones

You've been exposed Billy. How long did you think you'd be able to BS this forum?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.