Blues and warm cleans but aggressive distortion...

• Thread starter Mika555
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mika555

Reaction score
Hello guys.sorry for this super late answer. I made a car accident and was hospitalized.everything's ok now
^^.the amp i needed must be a launchbox amp for homeplaying. Super clean sound is what i needed.if the amp could make a cool OD sound, a good crunch, it's a plus....but not necessarily....because for od's i got the boss od200.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^.the amp i needed must be a launchbox amp for homeplaying. Super clean sound is what i needed.if the amp could make a cool OD sound, a good crunch, it's a plus....but not necessarily....because for od's i got the boss od200.
Even a 1w tube amp can be loud for home playing.
Low volume lunchbox with an OD pedal might as well be solid state.
The Spark does everything from Fender cleans to Mesa Recto-gain.
#1 Practice Amp | Spark Smart Guitar Amp By Positive Grid

gregr

Reaction score
I’m sorry about the accident. Glad you’re doing Ok!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Hello guys.sorry for this super late answer. I made a car accident and was hospitalized.everything's ok now
How about a Fender Princeton Reverb, throw your pedal in front for high gain. Another that comes to mind is the Orange Rockerverb.

Mika555

Reaction score
To be honest, i was looking for something small like orange, victory or the engl ironball(the special edition launchbox).i hate the engl.it can do metal but that's all.....i want blues and warm jazz sounds. My art of thinking is the following: the more better the clean sounds, the more better the od/distortion sounds.i am metal player but i love blues and jazz too. If i don't have an amp that inspire me, i play shit.

So for progress i needed something bluesy and i was searching something that nobody search in some amps.for example....the sv 20 that i don't really like in od....sure, it's a great amp but for crunch, i have the boss pedal in front....and i tested the sv20 only with chanel 2 (the warmest of the2) and it was very close to what i wanted.....but without master volume.....

Mika555

Reaction score
That's why i was looking at victory amps.....the duchess v40 or v30 the
jack. 42watts ➡️7watts➡️0,5 watts (single ended mode)

Wildeman

Reaction score
DSL1-H + 2x12 cab or a Twin Reverb and a Fuzzface, sounds dumb, i know but both are sitting in my music room plugged in and both are very satisfying.

PelliX

Reaction score
Have you considered a VOX? Even their lunchbox SS amps do quite nice sparkly cleans, and their small valve amps are really nice. Forget about any kind of OD channel on the SS models, though.

Mika555

Reaction score
Have you considered a VOX? Even their lunchbox SS amps do quite nice sparkly cleans, and their small valve amps are really nice. Forget about any kind of OD channel on the SS models, though.
SS model?what is that

WellBurnTheSky

Reaction score
That's why i was looking at victory amps.....the duchess v40 or v30 the
jack. 42watts ➡️7watts➡️0,5 watts (single ended mode)
I've tested a Victory Duchess combo recently (the V40 iirc), and was pretty impressed, I think it'd check all the boxes here. Has a pretty fat warm clean (even with my Strat) and Marshally biting gain tones. Good price too. Pretty cool amp, and one I'd have no issue at all gigging with.

Latest posts