Bluesbreaker 212 question

• Thread starter Sgrady41
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sgrady41

Reaction score
I was at my tech last week picking up a guitar and his bandmate was there with a bluesbreaker. He was doing some work to it. I was told to check my guitar and they plugged me into it. I was amazed
And had never played through one.

Is there any issues with the modern versions?

It is a little big for my music room, recommend a good accenuator?

I am a pedal but, old timer lol, so look forward to getting to play around with one.

Appreciate the help

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Bluesbreaker is essentially a JTM45 (afaik) with a tremolo circuit in a 2x12 combo.
If it's a little too big, the JTM45 head may be an alternative.

As far as attenuators, I run my JTM45 through a John H M-2 and it sounds great at any volume.
I also have a Weber Mass that works well, and I've heard good things about the Tone King Ironman variants.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at my tech last week picking up a guitar and his bandmate was there with a bluesbreaker. He was doing some work to it. I was told to check my guitar and they plugged me into it. I was amazed
And had never played through one.

I am a pedal but, old timer lol, so look forward to getting to play around with one.

Appreciate the help
I have a 2014 re-issue. The only real issue I have with mine is the weight. You say you're an old timer, I'm 64 and my back is definitely feeling the strain these days. These amps are not to be confused with light. My other issue is slightly too loud to play in the studio with my band, but slightly too quiet with just the minimum amount of attenuation on my Harley Benton 100 attenuator. I also have a Bad Cat Unleash that gives more variation, so I'll give it a go through that sometime. The Unleash affects the tone more though.
Mine sounds best un-attenuated with the bright volume on around 8 and the normal on 3-4. Brilliant recording amp.