• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Bogner Shiva

• Thread starter bennieusmaximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bennieusmaximus

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2008 Bogner shiva head and 2x12 cab with vin 30's.I gotta say It pretty close to what they advertise.A clean fender tone and a pretty convincing medium gain marshall tone.(close to my 2204,but not quite).Great reverb,and effects loop,and a really cool boost.I think the boost drops the tone controls out, and it works on both channels.Kinda a 4 chanel amp if ya worked it right.Played it out last weekend and it sounded great,ran a sd-1 in front of it for a little higher gain when needed.I might hang on to this one for a while.

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
+1. Except I don't have a Cobra. :lol:
Yeah mine's a Dragon chassis and cobra internals. basicaly it'sa cobra without the mid shift witch and the cool look lol. I also have my stock Dragon which just works better for me. it's more versatile though not AS brutal. it's like a good 800 on gamma radiation brutal where the cobra's like a recto on roids brutal.

waaaaay more gain in the latter but both have more than enough.

anyway i had an offer awhile back but dude sold it so if you know anyone looking let me know. I'm asking $1250 plus shipping, people on here can get it at $1200 plus shipping though.
If you're local you're welcome to test fly it first too. it's a brutal amp, i just want to add something a bit different and the cobra and dragon do the same things just both do one or more better than the other lol.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, but thats WAAAAY out of my budget. Plus, I live in southern Louisiana and you're all the way in Ohio. :(

My budget is in the $600 range, which is why I'm looking into the Randall V2, Line 6 Vetta II, or POD X3 Pro + Crown XLS1000 power amp. Hell, if I can find some DECENT metal reivews of them, I might consider the Marshall Modefour, since they go SUPER cheap, I've seen them go as low as $300.

Also, ever tried Craigslist? You might get lucky and find someone who has an Uber.

Derek S

Reaction score
Congrats on the Shiva! I've had a ton of Shiva gas recently as well. Think they're a great compliment to Marshall flavored amps. :)

Last edited:

Red_Label

Reaction score
Congrats! I had a newer EL34 Shiva head with reverb last year. What a great amp! I replaced with an XTC Classic and that was a great amp as well. Sold that several months ago. And right now I kinda miss the Shiva more. I'm a "set-it-and-forget-it" simple sort of guy, and the Shiva was king for that. I'm very happy with the DSL50 head that I just picked up, but I still do miss the Shiva and may have one again one day (or maybe a 20th Anni Shiva!).

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I have never sent a pic before how do you do it?

Either use the site's file attatcher (The paperclip on top of the reply box).

Or you can use a website that you can upload images to, like Imageshack or Photobucket. Upload the image, right cllick the image, select "Copy Image URL", press on the little yellow picture in the options when replying, paste the image URL, and press OK. :)