Boss BD-2 or OD-3?

• Thread starter JSJ900
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JSJ900

Reaction score
??? Which chain would you rather play through?

IMG_4572.jpeg

Double chorus and Delay pedals, or all analogue? I know the flanger’s digital - may take that off. Still need to buy a 2nd tuner to go with these.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Driven by this thread i played the BD2 and the OD3 yesterday. Plugged them into a Pathfinder 15, clean setting turned up, because i was at home, still pretty loud for many homeplayers.

The BD2, yeah the usual fizztrail and sterile harshness. The amp didn't help, because it itself is a little sterile, but doesn't matter...

Plugged in the OD-3 from 1997 and INSTANTLY had the exciting Rock/N/Roll sound...either lowgain, or high gain...i could play anything from Hendrix to VH and it sounded good enough for a practice session.

OD-3 is the King of Bosses when it comes to their Overdrive/Distortion units.

I hope for the guys that buy the new smd versions that it is exactly like the original one.

JohnH

Reaction score
Found this on BOSS OD series pedals.

Thanks for linking that, I watched it all and found it very insightful.

Out of the specific pedals in the test, I can definitely relate and 100% agree about the two that I have, being Od-3:and Od1-X. Od-3 is the most amp-like and touch sensitive of them all. Od-1X, I really wanted to like, and it does have some great sounds, but as he notes, while playing they are all kind of fixed, not responsive, like playing a recorded tone.