BOSS Vs MXR pedals

• Thread starter Bflat5
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bflat5

Reaction score
I'm familiar with BOSS delays and thinking about the DD7. On the other hand there's the MXR carbon copy. I'm not a huge Digitech fan.

Has anyone here used both? Prefer one over the other?

mk2 steve

Reaction score
I tried a lot of different delays before settling with the MXR Carbon Copy. Depends what kind of delay you like - the DD7 being digital has more modes and features, the CC is analog, so is more organic and sounds really warm. The modulation effect is pretty cool too.

SwampThing

Reaction score
I'm familiar with BOSS delays and thinking about the DD7. On the other hand there's the MXR carbon copy. I'm not a huge Digitech fan.

The best Flanger I ever played through was a Digitech. Shock right? Better than the BF3. As for the whole MXR vs Boss thing. IMO both brands have GREAT pedals and both brands have pedals that I wouldnt use for doorstops.

The carbon copy delay is nice. Very Nice. If my opinion means anything I highly recommend it.

mott555

Reaction score
MXR and BOSS are both very good brands. One thing to consider if you're short on pedalboard space and you use a 9V power supply instead of batteries is MXR/Dunlop place the 9V plug on the sides while BOSS puts them on the top. I had a heck of a time getting my 9V daisy-chain-cord to reach my Crybaby and Phase 90, no problems getting all my BOSS pedals hooked up though.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll never touch another Delay pedal for as long as I live after getting a G-Major 2. And I came of age in the Grunch era so I hated rack gear from the get-go - then I tried it. Delay and Reverb belong in a rack. It's like night and day. I own(ed) a Boss DD7 and TC Flashback X4 if that tells you anything.

jwebb1970

Reaction score
I love my CC, but I also dig the digital echo in my old Roland rack unit. I use the CC in front of an amp for certain needs & the digital in the loop. The CC is rather warm & the mod effect is cool, too. Just comes down to what you want out of echo.

SkinnyJ

Reaction score
I've never tried the CC, but I have a Boss DD-3. I love that pedal. I got my first one in '89 and just replaced it with another 2 years ago. Those suckers are like tanks and built to last. Plus, the delay sounds are ultra clean.

Isn't the CC an analog delay? If so, you are talking digital vs. analog sound. Then it boils down to what sort of delay sound you are looking for. When I think digital, I think of Andy Summers. Ultra crisp, clean repeats with no degradation. When I think analog, I think of Don Felder on "Hotel California". In the outro solo, each repeat on his delay degrades as it fades. I could sort of get that effect on an ancient DOD analog delay I used to have.

Just my take on it. :D

Lawrencedesigns

Reaction score

"I'll never touch another Delay pedal for as long as I live after getting a G-Major 2. And I came of age in the Grunch era so I hated rack gear from the get-go - then I tried it. Delay and Reverb belong in a rack. It's like night and day. I own(ed) a Boss DD7 and TC Flashback X4 if that tells you anything."

How does this response address the original question in any way? Just curious...

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious...

bi-curious?

400-wink.gif

wakjob

Reaction score
I couldn't get the CC to work for me. Good pedal, just not for me. I like more precise control over my delay.

The Hardwire series is very un-Digitech like from days of yore. Excellent stuff for sure.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found the Carbon Copy too dark with my JMP. Yeah I opened it up and adjusted. The only thing wrong with it was it was always too dark for my liking. This was thru a Zero Loss EFX loop. I sent it back before I got my OR15 so I don't know how it would have been with it. The dark was perty dark or overly smooth with the CC.

ckr1231

Reaction score
I have both the CC and the Boss DD-7. I use them both in the chain before the amp.
I use the DD-7 for short, quick repeats and the CC for long warm spaceship noises ect. Both are great pedals !!!

Latest posts