• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Bought Cab with "other" speakers.

• Thread starter mtm105
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mtm105

Reaction score
Honest mistake? Maybe yes, maybe no. Bought set 2016 as a retirement gift to myself. 21 Watts, twin 6V6 power tubes.

I was told they were Green Backs. I got WGS Green Berets instead.

I'm a BIG WGS convert. But it's not what I paid for.

Would you mind??

6 months later after I discovered, seller on another forum said it was a typo and he'd give me a single Green Back. I gave up. Paid $1K free delivery.

It's my first set of Green Berets. I think both Celestion and WGS have their pros and cons. WGS better at lower wattage, IMO. It sounds warmer and less punchy than Green Back. Like a worn vintage Cab.

92818414_10216465358321634_6437189312709656576_n.jpg

Last edited:

Trapland

Punk, classic, funk, jazz and everything else.
Reaction score
If they work for the way you play, I’d stay with them. Unless you are curious.

Drinkingdeath01

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honest mistake? Maybe yes, maybe no. Bought set 2016 as a retirement gift to myself. 21 Watts, twin 6V6 power tubes.

I was told they were Green Backs. I got WGS Green Berets instead.

I'm a BIG WGS convert. But it's not what I paid for.

Would you mind??

6 months later after I discovered, seller on another forum said it was a typo and he'd give me a single Green Back. I gave up. Paid $1K free delivery.

It's my first set of Green Berets. I think both Celestion and WGS have their pros and cons. WGS better at lower wattage, IMO. It sounds warmer and less punchy than Green Back. Like a worn vintage Cab.

92818414_10216465358321634_6437189312709656576_n.jpg
Forget the speakers, congratulations on your retirement!!! You made it. Did you ever think as a 19 year old kid that this would happen ? Probably not. Lol.

Unless you compare the two speakers together its impossible to tell if your disappointed or not.

Killer rig regardless.

i3oosted

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I would mind. I’ve heard them both and they do not sound the same to me, GBs have this mid/high brightness to them with a nasally voice... classic rock.

Isn’t it funny how the typos always favor the seller...

RLW59

Reaction score
I didn't do a deep search looking for completed sales. But a quick Google shows used asking prices in the $1100~1200 range -- just for the Blackjack 21 head. (Then add shipping on top.) Used Fuchs 212's sell in the $300~400 range (plus shipping).

A grand for the head and cab with free shipping seems like a really great bargain. And now the guy is going to throw in a free Greenback?

I would be more than satisfied with that deal.

Edit: you said "free delivery", not "free shipping", so maybe it was a local sale? But even if there were no shipping costs involved, you still got a really good deal.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
get the free greenback, test both speakers and keep what you like most. I mean, if you like the greenback, sell the WGS and buy another greenback. easy.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
He said they were GBs, so you paid for GBs. If he wasn't truthful then you deserve some compensation.

I can't stand sellers who are not up front, honest and fair.

proxy

Reaction score
They are Green Backs.
Just not Celestion Green Backs.