Brexit

• Thread starter Silverburst
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
Um im retired and my retirement is down 3% with the stock market. Also the GB pound is at a 31 YEAR low and the banks are in trouble in GB.

but you live in the USA. give it a week or month & don't tie your retirement to foreign gub'ments.
it's summer,you should have invested in oil,corn,& timber back in March,go for coal & natural gas in August.:thumbs:

rick16v

Reaction score
In a globalised world where intelligence sharing and collaboration are key, we have elected to stand alone.

I hope America will still be our finest ally even though we have now lost some of our political leverage in Europe.

Mosher Zone

Reaction score
The amount wiped off UK shares in 1 hour and 40 minutes was the equivalent of 24 years UK contributions to the EU. :erk:

Sorry but the U.K. (well England & Wales) swallowed the Boris & Nigel bullshit pill hook line and sinker. I love the U.K. but the people, I wouldn't trust most of them to understand voting on anything more complex than The X Factor. :run:
Agreed bud, i heard comments yesterday like "I didn't vote, we are fucked anyway or "whatever the Goverment want i vote the opposite" clueless. :mad:

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
They're import products in US, and the whole business just keeps getting more expensive with each new model release. If you bought a JCM800 in 1986 and have managed to keep it as your main amp since you bought it, then good on you. But a lot of people like to upgrade, try new features, change their sound... Marshalls aren't cheap amps to be
Best thing that could have happened. The people have spoken! :cheers:

Why does it seem like such a conquest when "the people" win something against some government rule? This may be a slight offshoot from the topic or something, but I mean, the world's estimated to have been around for what, somewhere between 5 thousand and 65 hundred million thousand years now, right? And there's all this talk of overpopulation during these modern times in which we live (in). So how is it that less than 1% of the world's population control the other 99%? What the hell have the other 99% been doing all this time?

Something really weird and really wrong is going on here.

Last edited:

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
I see brexit as a victory for xenophobia.

In a globalised world where intelligence sharing and collaboration are key, we have elected to stand alone.

I hope America will still be our finest ally even though we have now lost some of our political leverage in Europe.

under Churchill (my cousin) you have never stood alone & nor shall you

Great Britain has stood as an island empire for over 300 years & with us (USA) you will stand for another thousand.
mark my words......…..

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
They're import products in US, and the whole business just keeps getting more expensive with each new model release. If you bought a JCM800 in 1986 and have managed to keep it as your main amp since you bought it, then good on you. But a lot of people like to upgrade, try new features, change their sound... Marshalls aren't cheap amps to be

This may be a slight offshoot from the topic or something, but I mean, the world's estimated to have been around for what, somewhere between 5 thousand and 65 hundred million thousand years now, right? And there's all this talk of overpopulation during these modern times in which we live (in). So how is it that less than 1% of the world's population control the other 99%? What the hell have the other 99% been doing all this time?
that one percent wuestions & dis trusts whe spoonfed BS the 99% bleieve.
from the blood of patriots & the tree of knowledge......

ricksteruk

Reaction score
SO this is Great Britain?
Little countries we s**t 'em,
with our great ambition,
we can alienate ourselves, yet prosper?,
This is Great Britain,
no we are NOT European!
Kick us out - to the Atlantic Ocean,
watch us sink in our own pride and patriotism.

Lyrics of my friend's Tony's band Rebelation written around 1996 ish.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Look, it will pan out to a certain extent over time, but our economy is an up-turned pyramid with an aging indigenous population, that are not producing enough offspring to endure. Without immigration we will have an increasing drain on the state pension fund (and NHS) as our aging population finish work but there are less young people to fill their shoes, pay taxes and balance the books. We recently introduced taxing pensioners in order to try and cushion the blow. This will go further, probably along the lines of anyone with a private pension pot will not be allowed to draw the state pension until their private pot falls below a set level. This is much like people with dementia living in care homes now. They have to pay for their own care until their estate is worth less than £23k (although my dad paid his national insurance contributions for 50 years and has never been ill or out of work, this affects him). Ironic that a lot of the leave vote came from older people as they will be the ones that will get screwed over in the future. Immigration was the way we were going to be able re-stock the work force and help balance the books.
Don't even get me started on Scotland and Northern Ireland (both voted to remain). There is a whole shitstorm brewing there that will need sorting out....or that will all kick off again.

jack daniels

Reaction score
now...FREE SCOTLAND!!!!. :fingersx:

Scottish-flag_2109121a.jpg

How about Ireland, I would imagine irishmen might have something to say about that what with the IRA and all.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
SO this is Great Britain?
Little countries we s**t 'em,
with our great ambition,
we can alienate ourselves, yet prosper?,
This is Great Britain,
no we are NOT European!
Kick us out - to the Atlantic Ocean,
watch us sink in our own pride and patriotism.

Lyrics of my friend's Tony's band Rebelation written around 1996 ish.

I dig it Rick....very Billy Bragg. :thumbs:

tone seaker

Reaction score
Where the Rock Rolls Hard and the Blues Rains Down
but you live in the USA. give it a week or month & don't tie your retirement to foreign gub'ments.
it's summer,you should have invested in oil,corn,& timber back in March,go for coal & natural gas in August.:thumbs:

I do live in the US and the stock market is down for a entire year. Makes it hard to survive when retired after working hard my whole life

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
How about Ireland, I would imagine irishmen might have something to say about that what with the IRA and all.

Northern Ireland is part of the U.K., Ireland (Southern) is independent and not involved in the referendum, but they are in the EU. Now NI is no longer in the EU there will be people wanting a united Ireland that is still in the EU.....hence the brewing shitstorm.
Scottish Nationalist leader has already said an independence vote should now be back on the table as the Scots only voted to remain part of the U.K. because of Britain's membership of the EU, now we will no longer be in the EU they will want out of the U.K.

Are you Yanks still with me?

Last edited:

mazzefr

Reaction score
Good luck to them trying to prop up Greece, Portugal and Spain, then Italy etc. The EU should have never happened and was doomed to fail from the beginning. A constitution of 2000 pages that try's to provide cradle to grave rights sucks the desire to excel out of the human condition. Germany will not pay out forever to the tune of their own demise.

Latest posts