british amps are not unlike british cars

• Thread starter gooman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Reaction score
I've had my share of Brittish cars (Triumph, MG) and they all go like hell and handle great. Sure you need to take care of them, especially if you drive them hard, but that is the case with everything.

!

I've had a Lotus Europa for many years, and once you've upgraded and replaced almost every part, it runs well. My Marshall has been a LOT less trouble.

Ken

demonufo

Reaction score
This list suggests that some of the British manufacturers are getting that balance right more often that some ot the German cars these days!

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-power-survey-2010/the-best-and-worst-cars/250115

Which is true. VW/Audi are pretty poor except for the bomb-proof engines, and Mercedes rot like crazy, and have really weak quality parts, especially anything electrical and gearbox related. I will never own another of either again for as long as I shall live (although I am currently too much money into my Skoda (Golf-basically) to get rid at the mo).

But BMW on the other hand, really are in a different class altogether. The wife's 335iSE is the most solid thing I have ever driven (even better than my Brothers old 54reg 911 Turbo by quite a margin).

Current British cars aren't bad at all (except maybe for Vauxhall:naughty:) but they're all a bit on the bland side. Certainly not as interesting as they were back when I were a lad (and all this were but fields!)

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
sitting on a surfin' board, when given a choice
No doubt M&M knocked that one out of the park!

ah, twinny knows i'm just kiddin' around. i wouldn't ever fuck with someone who can carry an AC30 around.
:wow::wow::wow:

i'd love to stick around for his revenge, but i gotta roll....
the wife said i can go somewhere and play my marshall as loud as i want for a few hours. i'm gonna run her heritage 535 straight (well, maybe a beano and a picture wah) into my 800 4104 until all my earthly troubles are gone.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah yes us Brits, makers of great amps and great cars.

1st up the Vox AC30
georgiatec-albums-new-amps-picture6342-robin.jpg

And then the Marshall Full Stack.
georgiatec-albums-new-amps-picture6343-aston.jpg

True classics.

Just for you Twin :naughty::naughty::lol::lol:

demonufo

Reaction score
Hmm, not so sure the Aston Martin is such a good example.
They're a little uninspiring compared to the competition, they don't sound as good as they should, the dashboard looks like a Ford Mondeo (check out the switches), and it takes a production Jaguar to make a better car out of it.:lol:

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, not so sure the Aston Martin is such a good example.
They're a little uninspiring compared to the competition, they don't sound as good as they should, the dashboard looks like a Ford Mondeo (check out the switches), and it takes a production Jaguar to make a better car out of it.:lol:

I hear you on the Jag, the XK is a better car no doubt. I just went for the most iconic brand. :)