british amps are not unlike british cars

• Thread starter gooman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gooman

Reaction score
My first marshall amp has been nothing but a problem since I unboxed the POS granted when the terd works the tone is great (marshall crunch) but the support sucks and I admit I f...k up cause I bought NOS with a no return policy:confused: last time for me I just need to get this terd working right:wtf::

Jesstaa

Reaction score
Are you using it correctly?
What amp is it?
What's wrong with it?

Could give something to work with..

marvar

Reaction score
The the op- it is spelled TURD-not terd
and, for everyone else..don't feed the troll-

rjtm

Reaction score
If he was legit, he would've given more info by now. Hes a troll...

Kev

Reaction score
The the op-

And you're picking someone up for their spelling ? :)

gooman

Reaction score
This amp had probs since I opened the box.What is wrong now volume seems like its at 8 on channel 2 with the knob at 0.turn it up past 8 and it gains on that channel,had it serviced at local shop (sweetwatersound) seemed to be alright now back again.This amp is in my room not giged I doubt it has 2 hrs time on it.Guess I will take back to shop again 2005 bluesbreaker

Furies

Reaction score
If the Brits made their cars the way Marshall makes their amps, they'd give the Germans a run for the money in the Reliability Sweepstakes. These amps are bulletproof...like Porsches...so long as they're well-cared for. Apparently yours has not been...sorry to hear it. Give it some TLC and you'll be back in business. Good luck!

All4Tone

Reaction score
There's not much to these (or any other) tube amps that can't be fixed with a few replacement parts and like anything made anywhere, stuff can fail.

One thing's for sure though, if it were MY Marshall amp I was talking shit about in this forum, I'd know exactly what the problem is, or what the shop had replaced to make it work well again and not just jump to the conclusion that all Marshalls are unreliable and not know why.

Btw, TWIN, I know you are a tried and true Vox ac30 hw freak and nothing else will do, but you know, I absolutely LOVE my ac100cph head through a 212 cab with Jet City Eminences in it. I mean I LOVE it, man.. As much as my Marshalls. Different flavors are awesome. Running it through the 1960AX cab is amazing too, but the 212 cab is more for that classic jangly Vox sound...

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Ok, I am confused. :confused:

In your workbench topic you stated there was a similar issue and it was corrected. Never mind the silliness over what is or is not "NEW OLD STOCK" (fwiw, I am in the camp that thinks all this NOS tube references are crap. Pulled, Tested good, whatever makes more sense.) Has the amp not performed the way you wanted for the past several months?

DSL100 Dude

Reaction score
Thanks Jon and Poeman didnt mean to start a rant on nos,got the amp fixed today and all is well with it,my first own marshall and love the sound, over the years played in lots of bands with marshall playing guitarist.Jon at Wilder is a wealth of info and I :cheers: Chuck S.and his service dept techs at Sweetwater Sound........................Gary

?????

willscott182

Reaction score
It's not making him play night train correctly. Common problem

spacerocker

Reaction score
"British amps are not unlike british cars"

More ignorant bullshit on the internet!

JD Power survey 2010 - The best and worst cars... - Car and Car-Buying News - What Car?

Look at No. 2 on this list!...

German car quality has slipped massively over the past couple of decades, yet the myth continues...

As for Marshall, the reliability is as good as anything out there, and their customer support (at least in the UK) is second to none!

All4Tone

Reaction score

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my share of Brittish cars (Triumph, MG) and they all go like hell and handle great. Sure you need to take care of them, especially if you drive them hard, but that is the case with everything.

Marshall amps are no different. As a matter of fact, almost everything could benefit from a little TLC now and then to keep them running!

spacerocker

Reaction score
The British don't make cars anymore do they?

Jaguar

Landrover

Aston Martin

Bently

Rolls Royce

Granted, they are nearly all owned by foreign companies now (as are Volvo and Saab in Sweden) - But they produce cars designed and built in the UK by British workers to world-class standards.