Bugera amps

• Thread starter siav
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

siav

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone has heard about Bugera?
I heard on youtube some sample of 1990 and 6262 head, I find the sound and price really smashing.

Any feedback on these scream machines?

bro blue

Reaction score
There were a lot of issues with the 6262, I don't know if they have been remedied. I have a 6260 2x12 and a 333 head and they are great amps. I have used them both a great deal and had no problems with them. I really want to try the new lower wattage Bugreas.

siav

Reaction score
humm... it seems like main issues are with the power supply

nofearfactor

Reaction score
My rythym guitarist in one of the bands I am in has a 333 in his rig now and he really likes it. I dont. Just not my style. But he also had a Peavey TripleX back when I used 5150s and I didnt like his tone then either. So its probably just me...

bro blue

Reaction score
I have had to replace some of the preamp tubes in mine to tame the gain. I put a 12AX7 in V2 and a 12AU7 in V3 of the 333, which smoothed things out (no more bees-in-a-can distortion) and gave more of a useful range to work with.

jaek

Reaction score

T-Bird

Reaction score
Hi.

Since Bugera=Behringer, the general consensus seem to be that they're good value while they last.

Over here the Behringer and Bugera warranty is three years, that makes things a bit better, but doesn't make up for the dying during the performance.

Since You live in the Scandinavia, take a look at the Fame rebrand of Smarvo in the Music Store professional . I have a BVH300 bass amp, and it has been serving me quite well. Not without any problems to be honest, but still an exxellent value for the money.

Regards
Sam

TubeStack

Reaction score
Didn't the early ones literally catch fire often?

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFv-VBRrtlA]YouTube - Bugera 1990 vs. Marshall JCM 900 Shoot-out TTK Style !!! Amp Review Demo[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Sh3gjwaIg]YouTube - Bugera 1960 vs. Marshall 1959 Plexi Amp Demo Review Shoot-out TTK Style[/ame]

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I bought both the 6262 and the 333XL for comparison. I liked the 333XL the best. I returned both amps and later bought a used 333XL off evilbay. It had brand new JJ tubes with 6L6's in the outputs. The previous owner had neglected to change the bias select switch, which was still set for EL34"s, oops. First thing I did was to open it up and get rid of the molex connector on the power transformer (soldered wires directly to board). This was the primary problem with the 333XL's, as the connector would get hot, and sometimes melt due to poor connectivity. Mine has been fine so far.

wkcchampion

Reaction score
oh dear, I just saw that these amps retail new for 500 to 700 euros :|

ah come on, how can a high-end valve amp cost that little?
Bro Blue, you said that u have Bugeras, are they comparable to Marshall, Vox Mesa and other top amps? And do they work without issues?
I'm sorry but I'm pretty skeptic. Behringer, made in China, and ridicolous price switched on a "red alert light" in my head

siav

Reaction score
well the cost for workers in China is really low compaired to workers in europe and noth america.
That makes the difference.

ChuggyMcBr00tlz

Reaction score

Bro Blue, you said that u have Bugeras, are they comparable to Marshall, Vox Mesa and other top amps? And do they work without issues?
I'm sorry but I'm pretty skeptic. Behringer, made in China, and ridicolous price switched on a "red alert light" in my head

Bugera has brought the consumer the amps we want at a price thats realistic.

a stupid wooden box with tubes from marshall is about 1500-2000 and my iphone was 200 bucks and that thing is massively more high tech.

any way back to amps i run a bugera 333 through a jcm900 1960a cab, it is awesome. go play one and bring money cause u will want one.

it destroys the dsl100 i had tone wise. my dsl100 also failed on me twice.:hmm:
324b4126.jpg

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
ah ! don't be so fast to jump all over marshalls back with your 333 , i have read alot
on the net about guys having nothing but trouble with the bugera's fry'n up !!!
when you have been around and done what marshall has done ...then you can throw
out comments like that !!!

T-Bird

Reaction score
Hi.

+1 for the above.

While I have nothing against Asian mfg amps, or cheapo tube amps regardless of the place of origin, I wouldn't dream of comparing them with western ones.

The back-breaker for me is the lack of CS. Try to get the schematics for a Behringer/Bugera or any other cheapo. Including Fame of course. While a tube amp can generally be diagnosed and repaired without schematics, it won't be feasible in most cases. The couple of hours that is needed for the diagnose may run the bill up to $100 even in the cheapest of places, without any actual work even done.

For the Fame I have, BVH300, I traced the pre-amp schematics and put 'em to the net. Up until someone does that for the other cheapos, the owners are on their own.

Bottom line, when a cheapo without proper CS dies, IT'S GONE. FOR GOOD.

The 3 year warranty is helpful, but only for the original owner.

Regards
Sam

nofearfactor

Reaction score
My rythym guitarist with the 333 into Bugera cab looks like a lost child at rehearsals when he tries to match up with my AX-FX Ultra/Marshall 9200 power amp/Marshall 1960 in stereo rig.

bloosman1

Reaction score
My ENT doctor told me not to pick bugeras, as my nose might start bleeding..... (Just a joke, take it easy.). I went to Denny's and had a "Ham-bugera" (Now THAT was bad.) :lol: :wtf: :lol:

bro blue

Reaction score

Sorry for the late reply, I've been away (not jail) :naughty:

They are what they are, good sounding amps for a good price. To meet the price point corners are cut. Compare construction to a Vox and the Vox will win hands down.

I have not had any trouble out of mine, and they have been used regularly since they came out. I know there have been problems with some of them, but I have never seen one blow up, smoke or catch fire.

They are awesome for people on a budget who want good tone. They are good for musicians that want to try something different but don't want to sink a couple thousand dollars in a new rig.