Building a Ceriatone Dizzy 30 (DC 30)

• Thread starter Rotorcraft230
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlueX

Reaction score
Another delicious build, looking forward to more pictures!

Dblgun

Reaction score
Very nice, as usual. Hope she sounds great once finished. Not too soon though, I want to see more pics!

Last edited:

Rotorcraft230

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll post all the way to the end with pics.

My son is gonna like it a lot. The EF86 circuit has some fuzz in it and he likes fuzz a lot.

Marcomel79

Reaction score
I usually use the earth wires that cones in thick solid electrical cables. Put it in the drill chuck, give it a few spins and comes out straight as an arrow.
Your work is always impeccable Mark!

Rotorcraft230

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually use the earth wires that cones in thick solid electrical cables. Put it in the drill chuck, give it a few spins and comes out straight as an arrow.
Your work is always impeccable Mark!
I have a few tricks I use to get stuff straight and square.

Thanks for the compliment.

BlueX

Reaction score
I did some readings on EF86 preamps after you posted this thread. I've got schematics for Vox AC-10 with EF86 in V1 position that I might build after my current project.

Do you know if there's anything in this DZ 30 layout/design to avoid the preamp to become microphonic (seems to be a risk with EF86)?

Rotorcraft230

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to be the tube. Nik sent an oring and rubber grommets for mounting the tube socket to the chassis. I can get closer pics when I get home to see how he had done it. For isolating vibrations from the EF86

neikeel

Reaction score
Looking good.
I have a Vox derived project in embryo and am going to use a cascode preamp stage instead of an EF86 as I’ve had problems with 2 or 3 going microphonic on me (on my TMBEF86 18w that I built from Nik’s chassis and transformers) in use in a 1x12 combo.