Cardboard boxes? Really?

• Thread starter Goes211
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gianni

Reaction score

troyli

Reaction score
Dang I wish I would've saved my cardboard boxes now.

funny-Schrodinger-cat-inside-cardboard-box.jpg

:applause:
:hmm:

60Cycle

Reaction score
Recently went to sell my JVM1C for what was I thought cheap at $450. Non smoking home, everything included still has the 50th sticker on it yadda yadda.

Guy bailed out because of no box. Im not bitter, that's his priority to have the box along with his money. No harm no foul. I don't understand why people care either way about having the box. I also don't understand why someone would be pissed they couldn't sell something because it didn't have the box.

AudioWonderland

Reaction score
I apologize for the rant...

I'm attempting to sell an amp and I'm shocked by the number of guitar "players" who are worried about whether or not I have the "original box" for the amp. I know there are those out there who obsess over "case candy" (the silliest term on the Web) and the like, but I just don't get it.

I've never once bought an amp, new or used, that came in a box. The idea of such a thing never even occurs to me. It's a cardboard box. In fact, I'm not even sure what the box is that they're talking about. I used to work for a Fender dealer, and the amps were shipped in cardboard boxes that we unpacked and threw away. Is this what guys want? The shipping boxes? The cardboard shipping boxes? Does the box make the amp more valuable, like your mint Luke Skywalker action figure that's still sealed in the package?

Forgive me, but I buy amps and guitars to play, so I guess I'm somewhat clueless on the whole cardboard box thing.

i think it has to do getting a clue as to how well the item will be packed. the original packaging has the fitted foam etc for the item and is is vastly better than what sellers usually think is a good idea because they are too cheap to do it right

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
All new amps come in a box, if you've NEVER seen this then you've never bought a new amp. And if I went to a store to buy a new amp and they threw away the box I'd go elsewhere as that seems pretty unprofessional.

sinner 13

Reaction score
I keep pedal boxes, my wife likes to use them for storing christmas ornaments.

Other than that it gets cut down and recycled, I have limited space, and Corrugated ain't high on the list of stuff to keep.

I used to keep one or two around for finishing work, but i finally went out and bought real drop cloths.

Keeping boxes.... there is a TV show about those people, it's called HOARDERS...

Goes211

Reaction score
All new amps come in a box, if you've NEVER seen this then you've never bought a new amp. And if I went to a store to buy a new amp and they threw away the box I'd go elsewhere as that seems pretty unprofessional.

I've bought plenty of new amps, most often from smaller shops that don't have space for extra inventory or storage for cardboard the amps were shipped in; What they have on the floor is what they have in stock. I prefer those places to the warehouse retailers (GC/Sam Ash/etc) or mail-order companies (MF/Etc.). Same with guitars. The guitars I've purchased new were the ones hanging on the wall, not ones packed away in a box.

I did recently buy an Orange CR-120 that came in a sealed box, though. So there's that.

As an update, the buyer and I compromised on price and struck a deal, even without the all-important cardboard.

dash8311

Reaction score
I sent my YJM100 back for warrantee service in it's original mint condition box, it returned in a ratty looking box with "EVH 5150" on the side.

I was furious at the time! Oh well...

johan.b

Reaction score
As cool as that jcm800 box is. .If buyers are starting to expect original boxes on used gear, it's just another sign it's been "buyers market" for too long. .
j

Latest posts