• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Ceritone Yeti

• Thread starter bennieusmaximus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Strateuphoria

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24AsPXPv_c]YouTube - ‪Ceriatone Chupacabra Quick Demo‬‏[/ame]

retrojet

Reaction score
I'm going to have to break down and do some demo video clips of my Chupa so everyone can see what it sounds like dialed into real rock, and not that one-finger drop-tune stuff. Not exactly what this amp is meant for.

retrojet

Reaction score
Me and my Chupacabra, this morning...just some random riffing in Plexi mode, disregard the goofs

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6QD4TfXBZM]YouTube - ‪Ceriatone Chupacabra 50‬‏[/ame]

FourT6and2

Reaction score
I'm going to have to break down and do some demo video clips of my Chupa so everyone can see what it sounds like dialed into real rock, and not that one-finger drop-tune stuff. Not exactly what this amp is meant for.

What was the Chupacabra "meant" for? It's a heavily modified high-gain amp. If it were just another classic-rock machine, it'd be a stock JCM800! And if I want to play Tool, Dream Theater and Van Halen on it, I will. It's funny that you backhandedly insult my playing and taste in music when you play the SAME EXACT SONG in your video (to your credit, much better than I)... I'm sorry me playing in Drop D rubs you the wrong way and all. But may want to lay off the Van Halen, though, since he played some "one-finger drop-tune stuff" once in a while. :D

Now how about you record a clip with that era switch to the right... ;)

retrojet

Reaction score
Dude you're everywhere! lol Seriously though, it was neither backhanded nor an insult, and wasn't even directed at you honestly. If anything, your reviews and observations of the Chupa on other forums had no small part in my decision to buy one myself. If you took that personally, I do apologize for how it may have come off to you, no slam was intended bro...

That said, I make no apologies for my disdain for the brootz...I don't like it, that's just my own personal taste/opinion. I didn't express that accurately in my post, granted. But when I was doing research about the Chupa, I came across primarily videos of people crankin' the gain, scoopin the mids, and chuggin' on the brootalz...and ya it rubbed me a little raw I guess since that's not what I was wanting to hear it do.

In my viewpoint, it's a Jose modded Marshall 2204 circuit, which is a long way from Rectifier, Deizel, Framus territory...it's sweet spot is 80's rock/metal (again, my opinion). And yea, the era switch to the right yields some wicked DeMartini and Lynch tones! ;)

And for the record, Tool and Dream Theater both rock... :dude:

JK1965

Reaction score
I have the Yeti 100. I got it almost 2 months ago. The thing with this amp is that it'll do so many styles and do them well. It is a hot rodded plexi/JCM 800 but the cleans in plexi mode are amazing!

I jammed with some guys a few weeks ago and we did mainly old school blues and this amp absolutley shined! Everyone commented on the tone I was getting and I was only playing a stock mid 96' MIM strat.

For metal, it's JCM 800 2203 all day with much more gain on tap if needed.

Great amp and I'm still learning how to dial it in. Lots of tonal possibilities in each mode of the "era" switch.

FourT6and2

Reaction score
Dude you're everywhere! lol Seriously though, it was neither backhanded nor an insult, and wasn't even directed at you honestly. If anything, your reviews and observations of the Chupa on other forums had no small part in my decision to buy one myself. If you took that personally, I do apologize for how it may have come off to you, no slam was intended bro...

That said, I make no apologies for my disdain for the brootz...I don't like it, that's just my own personal taste/opinion. I didn't express that accurately in my post, granted. But when I was doing research about the Chupa, I came across primarily videos of people crankin' the gain, scoopin the mids, and chuggin' on the brootalz...and ya it rubbed me a little raw I guess since that's not what I was wanting to hear it do.

In my viewpoint, it's a Jose modded Marshall 2204 circuit, which is a long way from Rectifier, Deizel, Framus territory...it's sweet spot is 80's rock/metal (again, my opinion). And yea, the era switch to the right yields some wicked DeMartini and Lynch tones! ;)

And for the record, Tool and Dream Theater both rock... :dude:

:) No worries! I'm just an asshole sometimes. ;)

FourT6and2

Reaction score
From my experience the Chupa sounds like any other high-gain amp at bedroom levels. The master volume is pretty good, with a nice taper. But until you start giving it some volume it's not going to sound amazing.

That first clip up top, of me playing, was recorded with the master at about eight or nine O'clock on the dial. That's low enough to play and not disturb my apartment neighbors too much. ;)

audiochains

Reaction score
I'm really GASing for either the Chupa or the Yeti. The only problem I have is the $$$ atm. I would have to sell my 6100 in order to finance the purchase.

Any sense in doing that right off the bat guys?!

JK1965

Reaction score
I'm really GASing for either the Chupa or the Yeti. The only problem I have is the $$$ atm. I would have to sell my 6100 in order to finance the purchase.

Any sense in doing that right off the bat guys?!

I don't have any experience with the 6100's but I absolutely love my Yeti 100!! This amp smokes!! I had an 83 JCM 2203 and this thing does anything that could do and lots more. It cleans up great too with vintage plexi tones all day long.

audiochains

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the 6100's but I absolutely love my Yeti 100!! This amp smokes!! I had an 83 JCM 2203 and this thing does anything that could do and lots more. It cleans up great too with vintage plexi tones all day long.

Any chance of clips?! :lol:

I'm seriously considering selling my 6100 for a Yeti or Chupa, 50w though. The only doubt I have is if there is enough headroom for a solo boost done w/ an eq in the fx loop.

On the other hand a 1987 with a loop and PPIMV is really a tempting thought. The thing is I won't be needing both in any case. Or even able to finance 2 amps for that matter in a long while.

JK1965

Reaction score
Any chance of clips?! :lol:

I'm seriously considering selling my 6100 for a Yeti or Chupa, 50w though. The only doubt I have is if there is enough headroom for a solo boost done w/ an eq in the fx loop.

On the other hand a 1987 with a loop and PPIMV is really a tempting thought. The thing is I won't be needing both in any case. Or even able to finance 2 amps for that matter in a long while.

I don't have recording capabilities at the moment but I know a couple people that do. I will see what I can do about getting something put together this week. If I'm able to work it I'll do some things in each mode.

As I said I have the 100 and it has lots of headroom but can't speak for the 50. I would e-mail Nik and tell him what you are trying to do. He will let you know if it will work and if not give you other options. He is very on point and will get back to you very quickly.

Latest posts