Charlotte's turning 10, and picked her new guitar! With old Marshall

• Thread starter Nevets
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nevets

Reaction score
I'ts been two years since Charlotte received her miniature guitar for her 8th birthday. She has recently out grown it and I let her pick what she wants. We went to a few shops It didn't take long for her to realize she wants a full size random star.. and here we go! Its the same DSL40cr we got two years ago.. No urge of getting another amp yet!

Image_20230530132007.jpg

Image_20230530132000.jpg

It didn't take long for her to get use to the full scale, and start jamming with her sister.. Olivia picked a Nirvana song out of all the choices given by her teacher...

Nevets

Reaction score
Random Stars (and similar) are the most comfortable body shapes for me (pretty much a tie with Explorers, followed by SG's).
i love the shape too. I have a Edwards Crying Star almost identical shape.. The mini star was a big difficult for her to get use to first..

El Gringo

Reaction score
I'ts been two years since Charlotte received her miniature guitar for her 8th birthday. She has recently out grown it and I let her pick what she wants. We went to a few shops It didn't take long for her to realize she wants a full size random star.. and here we go! Its the same DSL40cr we got two years ago.. No urge of getting another amp yet!

View attachment 131126

View attachment 131127

It didn't take long for her to get use to the full scale, and start jamming with her sister.. Olivia picked a Nirvana song out of all the choices given by her teacher...

Wow, very impressive !

Nevets

Reaction score
i have figured out the amp buzzing issue, when I turn on the 40 watt mode on the dsl40cr, there is a cracking noise before picking a note... seems like two of the power amps needs a replacement.

RLW59

Reaction score
i have figured out the amp buzzing issue, when I turn on the 40 watt mode on the dsl40cr, there is a cracking noise before picking a note... seems like two of the power amps needs a replacement.
DSL40CR uses two EL34 power tubes, and the power reduction is done by lowering the plate voltage.

It doesn't turn off any tubes or anything like that.

There's some IC chip in the power supply circuit that's prone to issues.

Nevets

Reaction score
oh
DSL40CR uses two EL34 power tubes, and the power reduction is done by lowering the plate voltage.

It doesn't turn off any tubes or anything like that.

There's some IC chip in the power supply circuit that's prone to issues.
oh man.. that just sounds more complicated to fix.. maybe I should sent it to a pro shop

RLW59

Reaction score
oh

oh man.. that just sounds more complicated to fix.. maybe I should sent it to a pro shop
Have you posted a question about it in "the Workbench" subforum? The folks who work on amps may be able to help.

It's not impossible it's something as simple as tubes. They may have worn enough to still work fine at low voltage but have problems with full voltage.

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Great stuff. Speaking as someone who has (I think) a very talented musical daughter, it's really great to see kids doing something other than staring at their phones....and doing it well too!!