NGD/Review: Fender 75th Anniversary USA Tele

• Thread starter GuitarIV
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Heiko Jakob

Reaction score
Have either of the two of you that bought the Anniversary model compare them to the American Standard?
I made my purchase decision for the Anniversary model only by a few requirements that match my definition of a perfect Tele:
Must be a Fender
Ash body
Maple neck
2 single coils
rolled neck edges
locking tuners.

The cheapest Tele i could find with this specs was the commemorative anniversary model which was 400€ cheaper then the next match, that was the Ultra Luxe.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Guitar is beautiful but the case is butt ugly.

I was never a Tele person but I started traveling with my job and a Tele could fit in the overhead in a plane so I bought a cheap Squier Tele that I wouldn't be so heartbroken if stolen or damaged. I ended up changing all the components out for better stuff. I started playing that more than my American or Japanese guitar. It also recorded well into a Trio +, more so than the other guitars.

I have been thinking of getting that same guitar. I'm still looking fit a Les Paul though
I've had some serious Telly's but, damn, i have a Squier Affinity now, well, everything is changed but the wood basically but it sees the most action out of all atm.

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
I've had some serious Telly's but, damn, i have a Squier Affinity now, well, everything is changed but the wood basically but it sees the most action out of all atm.
Yeah I shielded mine, put Seymour Ducan Alnico II pickups and CTS pots and Switchcraft jack and switch. I used to love the narrow fretboard but now my fingers have gotten fat so I need a wider neck now so I can play clean arpeggios.

GuitarIV

Reaction score
Have either of the two of you that bought the Anniversary model compare them to the American Standard?

My local store didn't have any of the American Standards unfortunately. I guess the nitro finish is the one thing that makes the biggest difference, together with the more old school specs. I have learned however that the finish is not always a crucial thing, I had poly guitars that resonated like crazy (my Orville LP is one of those) and others that felt like a dead piece of wood. Also played some Maybachs (those all have nitro finishes) and only one out of 3 was a winner.

BlueX

Reaction score
Thanks for the proper review, and all the pictures! I really like the look of this Tele. Nice to hear that you like how it plays and sounds.

Current availability at Thomann: "In some months"!

Last edited:

Heiko Jakob

Reaction score
Thanks for the proper review, and all the pictures! I really like the look of this Tele. Nice to hear that you like how it plays and sounds.

Current availability at Thomann: "In some months"!
All US guitar manufacturers struggle with the covid induced high demand (people sit at home and buy guitars to dilute time) and short supply of global sourced componenets from guitar cases to tuners and even wood ... i ordered a Gibson explorer case and it took 11 month to get delivered ...

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
That's a great Tele - congrats! I have a player Tele that I love the looks and tone, but don't like the neck. I may try one of those out.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Yeah I shielded mine, put Seymour Ducan Alnico II pickups and CTS pots and Switchcraft jack and switch. I used to love the narrow fretboard but now my fingers have gotten fat so I need a wider neck now so I can play clean arpeggios.
Right on.
What's a arpeggios?:cool:

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
Thats a beauty! I think I'd be tempted to change out the white pickguard. Maybe a clear one?

TheLoudness!!

Reaction score
Guitar is beautiful but the case is butt ugly.

I was never a Tele person but I started traveling with my job and a Tele could fit in the overhead in a plane so I bought a cheap Squier Tele that I wouldn't be so heartbroken if stolen or damaged. I ended up changing all the components out for better stuff. I started playing that more than my American or Japanese guitar. It also recorded well into a Trio +, more so than the other guitars.

I have been thinking of getting that same guitar. I'm still looking fit a Les Paul though

I bought a Squier as well for the same reason. Which Squier did you get? I got the Sonic Tele.

I'm still thinking about swapping pickups. It's a $169 guitar but I kind of like it lol

GuitarIV

Reaction score
Thats a beauty! I think I'd be tempted to change out the white pickguard. Maybe a clear one?

With a clear pickguard the visible cutouts underneath would drive me crazy. I might get a black pickguard with a humbucker slot for the neck just for fun, but for now she's good as is :)

Update 2023:

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-25 at 17.45.43.jpeg

She's become my number 1!