Charshall Concerns and questions.

• Thread starter Buhdapunk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Buhdapunk

Reaction score
So Mable Audio has been a round for a while as a Chinese outlet for kit amps. I came across a recent Chrome - Ali - popup that pictured a Marshall head cabinet. when I landed on the site they had the usual JTM and JCM clones, but what shocked me was seeing what looked like Marshall products. i.e. they had the Marshall logo and from what I could see Marshall stampings on the back. Scary, I know that this has plagued Gibson, ESP, Fender, PRS and others guitar companies. I almost bought a used JTM but kind of threw me off as noticed the piping was in the middle from top to bottom. most are in the middle from top to top of controls. the JCM 800 looked thin as well. I don't want to put a link as last time I think it threw up some flags.

Is this a thing now. Charshall and has anyone examined one of these. I am sure they are riddled full of incorrect parts. Any shed some light on this.

KidBlast

Reaction score
Well, Only a matter of time I guess. There is nothing China won't try and ram down our throats with knock offs, counterfeits and fakes.. All parts of the industry are complicit here, everyone LOVES cheap labor..

The words buyer beware has a whole new meaning these days don't it.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Well, Only a matter of time I guess. There is nothing China won't try and ram down our throats with knock offs, counterfeits and fakes.. All parts of the industry are complicit here, everyone LOVES cheap labor..

The words buyer beware has a whole new meaning these days don't it.
Nothing cheaper than slave labor!

PelliX

Reaction score
Yeah, at least the Chinese manuals provide some humor if you're in the mood for it. Drink 3 beers and read some of that gibberish outloud, I consider it a sport.

Also, @ken361 , you've got a typo in your sig, or is the LP Standarhd a Chibson? :eek:

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Talking to a machine shop owner he said china even has cheap steel that's lower in quality compared to our US steel. Doesn't surprise me!

That's a fact. In the 80s Isuzu vehicles were rotting out like mad in the northern states in comparison to US makes. Dealers were complaining to them for warranty work and Isuzu didn't believe what they were told. They wanted dealers to send them evidence/prematurely rotted items. Isuzu was blown away by the rot. They've since gotten better but steel manufacturers there still make bunk and sell it to unsuspecting buyers.

Last edited:

mark123

Reaction score
You've got to watch out for items on Amazon, too. Amazon is rife with Chinese counterfeit products. I just got a counterfeit 3M cellphone mount sticker. I swore off of Amazon a couple years ago and the first time I give them another try, i get a counterfeit. I'm done with them for good.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
You've got to watch out for items on Amazon, too. Amazon is rife with Chinese counterfeit products. I just got a counterfeit 3M cellphone mount sticker. I swore off of Amazon a couple years ago and the first time I give them another try, i get a counterfeit. I'm done with them for good.

Yup, screw Amazon for a couple of reasons.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
That's a fact. In the 80s Isuzu vehicles were rotting out like mad in the northern states in comparison to US makes. Dealers were complaining to them for warranty work and Isuzu didn't believe what they were told. They wanted dealers to send them evidence/prematurely rotted items. Isuzu was blown away by the rot. They've since gotten better but steel manufacturers there still make bunk and sell it to unsuspecting buyers.
well hell, just look at chinese dive knives or pocket knives.
that there should tell you something. i like German steel
or US steel.

BlueX

Reaction score
Morakniv, made in Sweden 🇸🇪, are the best knifes. This general purpose is only $ 3, but there are more specialsed also for hunting, fishing, etc.
12147-Morakniv-Basic-511-C-600x600.png
EKA is another Swedish maker of knifes (but I'm not sure where they are made nowadays). This swingblade is my favourite hunting knife.
EKA Swingblade.jpg

Point is, I prefer to buy original, made by people with decent working conditions and payment. I'm usually satisfied, for a long time.

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Morakniv, made in Sweden 🇸🇪, are the best knifes. This general purpose is only $ 3, but there are more specialsed also for hunting, fishing, etc.
View attachment 114629
EKA is another Swedish maker of knifes (but I'm not sure where they are made nowadays). This swingblade is my favourite hunting knife.
View attachment 114631

Point is, I prefer to buy original, made by people with decent working conditions and payment. I'm usually satisfied, for a long time.
best? no, but they damn sure are worth the money spent. anybody who spends time outdoors
should have several of these knives by now. cant seem to kill them by normal use either.
man i wish we could get them for $3 here. i would buy plenty. these knives are as old as the
hills but i dont hit the woods, parks, or rivers w/o one. or two.

Solid State

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone review a Chinese Marshall KO and at the price they're going for, I wouldn't expect one anytime soon. I will give them credit for putting together decent guitars and amps in recent years and if Mable Audio has really taken an interest in giving out a good product, it probably will be decent quality but once you're at that price point, why not just get a Ceria tone or save a few more months and get an EVH? China doesn't recognize or even understand IP rights though so that's why they're never shy about putting an actual brand's logo on their gear.

Truth be told, I hope someone takes the plunge on one of those JCM800 KOs. I'm curious.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score

Not disputing that Isuzu had rust problems during the 80's, so did Toyota, but remember Isuzu is Japanese, not Chinese. Isuzu also has strong ties with Chevrolet.