Charshall Concerns and questions.

• Thread starter Buhdapunk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Not disputing that Isuzu had rust problems during the 80's, so did Toyota, but remember Isuzu is Japanese, not Chinese. Isuzu also has strong ties with Chevrolet.

Well who knows where Isuzu was getting their steel from though. I also don't think that they had anything to do with Chevy at that time but they may have. :)

Rocktane

Reaction score
Isuzu had ties with GM since the 20's. The 70's Chevy Luv was an Isuzu. The 2.8 ltr engine in the 80's Isuzu Troopers was a Chevy engine. The Geo Storm was an Isuzu Impulse. GM eventually owned about 35% of Isuzu.

Isuzu also made the first Honda Odessey and Passport.

There's more, of course.

They did have some great ads!

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Isuzu had ties with GM since the 20's. The 70's Chevy Luv was an Isuzu. The 2.8 ltr engine in the 80's Isuzu Troopers was a Chevy engine. The Geo Storm was an Isuzu Impulse. GM eventually owned about 35% of Isuzu.

Isuzu also made the first Honda Odessey and Passport.

There's more, of course.

They did have some great ads!

I had a 1990 Isuzu Impulse, it was my first car and one of the funnest cars I have ever driven! In my line of work I've driven most cars below $150k, BMW Ms, Mercedes AMGs, Bentleys, Hellcats, STIs etc etc etc... That little Impulse has a great power to weight balance, it's not very powerful but enough to feel sporty and the suspension was "designed" by Lotus, it was pretty stiff and agile. It had a 5 speed so it was always a blast on curvy roads and felt zippy in the city. The best part? Other than oil changes, tires, clutches and brakes the car just kept going and going and going. It stayed in the family for over 20 years and ended up with 300k miles on it without any mechanical issues. It became a spare car and ended up needing a clutch and Sadly just sat for years at my parents as I was living in Mexico, they sold it as the landlord was giving them grief for being parked in the drive for a few years... Really sad it's gone as I really wanted to restore it "someday", I rarely see the 2nd gen Impulse, lots of Storms but maybe 2 other Impulses in my life. They are one of the rarest production JDMs of the 90s and really hope I can find another one someday!

Just get excited when someone is familiar with Impulses!

Yeah and those sketchy Aliboba knock offs are making it into North America, ironically a lot of them might even be made at the same factories the authentic branded products are 😄 🤣

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
You know when a thread about Chinese amps devolves into criticism of Japanese automobiles that great minds are not involved. LMAO

Maybe because most parts/materials of nearly everything come from China...

PowerTube44

Reaction score
The problem with playing Chinese amps is that an hour later you want to play them again.