Charvel Socal using Blackbelts from Motorcity pickups.

• Thread starter rockstah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyrog

Reaction score
Mark,

Just wanted to fill you in on the progress of my Tweaked findings. The Black San Dimas MIJ Pro Mod had a shim in the neck that I took out. I Reset it & did a full set up with a nice, much more natural feeling string height.

The SD '59 I had was to to long in the legs to fit. I used a Really nice, but hotter sounding SD PATB-2 that I had laying around. It is Warm & Full of tone for a Hot Ceramic, The PATB-2 it used to be a favorite of mine. Both of those ( tweaks ) yielded in making the guitar Less HOLLOW & MIDDY as well as sounding more connected.

I am including some Pics of the Collection of Working Charvels I use … I will keep you guys posted on all my Charvel Madness, LOL … Thank guys for all the insight !!!

And if anyone is in NYC this Thursday or Friday Night, I'll be doing "ROCK OF AGES" so Stop by & see a Great Show …

You guys all rock,
JOHNNY

Attachments

• San Dimas Pro Mod.jpg
    San Dimas Pro Mod.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Charvel x 4.jpg
    Charvel x 4.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 15

rockstah

In Memorandum
Reaction score
Johnny, good deal on the pickups and re-tweak. glad it worked out for you!
I believe Kiko Loureiro of Angra uses that pickup. Great guitar player. i have never tried it. ;)
Nice collection of Charvels there and if i dont see ya, have a good show!
Mark

johnnyrog

Reaction score
Today we lost one our Dearest & Treasured friends. MarK A. My god I am speechless … We love you bro. You have been an inspiration to us all. You will missed, but will stay in our hearts forever.

God Speed to you !!!

Johnny

Latest posts