Check Out My new Grill Cloth Installation!

• Thread starter matttornado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IOSEPHVS

Reaction score
All you need now is an authentic Marshall logo for the amp.

JParry335

Reaction score
So I decided on the large check style as discussed in another thread. Turned out being pretty easy actually.
It was nice and tight at first but after I screwed it into the cab, there were a few loose areas so I lightly sprayed it with some water and turned on my dehumidifier. About 20 minutes later it was good and tight again.

I'm going to finish it tonight and re-wire with 16 gauge wire soldered to the speaker terminals.
This cab came with very thin (22 gauge maybe?) wire and female slip on connectors.
View attachment 81373 View attachment 81375
Nicely done man! I’ve done two 1965 cabs and they turned out pretty good. I’ve always been a fan of the big check.

Job well done. Still needs some cat pee stains though
Oh, HELL NO!!:D

You have the perfect Marshall cab- checker cloth and Greenbacks. I mean it! KILLER tone and killer looks. The blonde with the hourglass body.
I had a 1960AX a long time ago. Same setup. Greenbacks and Checker grill. God I miss that amp. With a 50 watt JMP head no less.

Makes me kind of miss my large check cab I sold!
Yep! Me too!

DC135er

Reaction score
So I decided on the large check style as discussed in another thread. Turned out being pretty easy actually.
It was nice and tight at first but after I screwed it into the cab, there were a few loose areas so I lightly sprayed it with some water and turned on my dehumidifier. About 20 minutes later it was good and tight again.

I'm going to finish it tonight and re-wire with 16 gauge wire soldered to the speaker terminals.
This cab came with very thin (22 gauge maybe?) wire and female slip on connectors.
View attachment 81373 View attachment 81375
Very nice

jazzdj

Reaction score
Very nice job, now get a replacement logo for the head and you've got a great restoration.

Latest posts