Chinese V30's& English V30's-some advice please

• Thread starter Australian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a new cab and I want to load it with my V30's.

The problem is that I have "3 made in England" and "1 made in China".
Should I buy another "made in England" or will the "Made in China" sound as good as the others?

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt you would ever notice. I bet if you covered the sticker on the back of all 4 speakers, mix em up and load em in. I guarantee you couldnt pick the chinese 1.

My 2 cents.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
I agree, why even worry about that. Install up your speakers and crank it up!

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
The silver paint doesnt stay on as well:)
LMAO @ "Celestion International".

I'll put the one in the bottom right corner just in case. ;)

IMG_0792.jpg

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes magnetic paint would be useful for painting speaker magnets. :thumb:

Well like you guys said I wont hear the difference so the Chinese one is going in the cab with its English brothers.

GIBSON67

Reaction score
I just upgraded a pair of my China assembled GBs to 1979 Blackbacks, I didn't see a reason to upgrade to an English version of a modern production Celestion, so I figured why not go vintage. I always liked how the blackbacks looked better than greenbacks, anyway. And man do they sound a smoother from being broken in more. But my overall sound didn't change.

DenverRob

Reaction score
Do you have recording equipment? If so, do a taste test. Close mic the English one and close mic the Chinese one. Then compare the two tracks, see if you can tell the difference. We're all waiting to hear the results. :)

Reactions: brp

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I'll do a recording test-hopefully tomorrow. I've just bought the wire today, and will wire up the cab tomorrow morning.

dashizzler

Reaction score
If it matters. I have 2 mesa cabs. Both have K100's and T100's X'd up. 2 of the T100's in one cab are Chinese and the others are English made. They sound like different cabinets. I'm considering looking for English made T100's. A/B'd there is a difference but its hard to hear anything with both cabs running at the same time. I'm guessing you'll have the same results. It kinda bothers me though....

Purgasound

Rocker, Roller
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got 8 UK made V30's and 4 Chinese ones. They sound exactly the same like they should. I have 8 China made G12T-75's and at one point owned 4 UK made ones. Same deal, they sounded the same.

dreyn77

Reaction score
Well the english took the money from the opium they sold in china (more than the usa payes in taxes each year) and used it to make speakers for their toys. then they thought 'hey , why not exployt them further and get the stupid children of druggy junky parents and get them to make our speakers for our toys'! then we'll flogg them to those adolesents in the west (I don't see many comments from cambodians here ect...) they won't be able to tell the difference! THey have got money to burn!!!!! Education=research. not talk and opinions!!!!!!!!!