Code 25, Ugly and Buzzing output after a strong feedback

Fabio Fujita

Reaction score
That was my first hunch, too, but:

I have no idea where the mic came into play, but I'm guessing the guitar input on the amp was in the feedback loop...
I have a sound table I use to mix voice Pellix. I now it's not recommended but I just have the Code today (budget issues).

PelliX

Reaction score
Fair enough, everybody understands the budget issue, I think.

As for the FX pedal - maybe I wasn't entirely clear: if it has a line out you could feed that into the line input (3.5mm jack, above the headphone socket). This will effectively remove all the cab simulation and onboard FX in the CODE, but you'll be able to use the speaker and master volume, etc.

Fabio Fujita

Reaction score

As for the FX pedal - maybe I wasn't entirely clear: if it has a line out you could feed that into the line input (3.5mm jack, above the headphone socket). This will effectively remove all the cab simulation and onboard FX in the CODE, but you'll be able to use the speaker and master volume, etc.
Wow!!!!! That's a wonderful tip, I'm going to craft cable here and I'll let you know if it worked.
Thanks a lot man!

Fabio Fujita

Reaction score

Pellix... your idea was really wonderful and now I can use the Amp again bypassing all DSP and Input from Code... the sound direct from my pedals and my multi effects pedal are normal again!
I'll keep looking for the schematics and maybe I'll repair the input one day.
Thanks thanks thanks a lot!!!

PelliX

Reaction score
You're welcome, man - I'm glad the suggestion works for you! :thumb:

Schematics have been a let down, so far. Marshall provides schematics (only) to authorized service centers and so on, but I doubt these amps are serviced. Maybe they swap a board/speaker out if something has failed, but my guess is that the unit is always replaced in warranty cases.

Note of interest: I googled for pics of some CODEs and saw an ATmel chip in an IC socket. If you're into this sort of stuff, you might be able to dump it and work out how some of it works (all just for fun, really).