• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Contemplating trading my '800 for a JMD-1

• Thread starter SkinnyJ
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SkinnyJ

Reaction score
I've also toyed with running my MP-1 into the low channel of my '800, buy my MP-1 is kind of old and quirky.

CrispyTone

Reaction score
I played through one before, it sounded pretty damn good. I was contemplating the same thing actually, and I too have a JCM 800. The effects were pretty clean sounding and clear as well. I thought there was a plexi/super lead selection, I'm pretty sure that's one of the settings I used.

CrispyTone

Reaction score
The preamp is digital and the power section has EL34s, so to get true tube tone you must have to crank it.

RickyLee

VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the older blue series Vox Valvetronix amps? They go for cheap and they actually sound really good and have very warm tube like tone.

I have gigged with my AD120 stereo head and I also have the 60W 1X12 combo version. The built in FX on them are amazing.

Latest posts