Coolest Man Cave Addition EVER!

• Thread starter RBscrim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thrawn86

Reaction score

Of course you can't have a collection without a Marshall amp. I have several Fender amps that are great but I couldn't "hump" them anywhere anymore! I've been looking locally for a smaller more portable amp and I'd appreciate your opinion on the following.

MG 250 DFX

Valvestate VS265

Haze MHZ40C

The Haze, out of those three. MG will disappoint you, being a totally SS amp, and the VS's are pretty dated at this point. That's not to say that they don't sound good, but the availability of parts and knowledge of how to repair them is waning.

Just MHO.

Clammy

Reaction score
Quite possibly... But I have no room for another fridge.

What gets me is the PRICE people will pay for these!

If I paid that much for a fridge, I would be EMBARRASSED to announce it to the world on a forum...

No one is buying these because they're merely fridges, man... come on. :thumb:

Cheers!
:dude::dude::dude:

Wycked Lester

Reaction score

Of course you can't have a collection without a Marshall amp. I have several Fender amps that are great but I couldn't "hump" them anywhere anymore! I've been looking locally for a smaller more portable amp and I'd appreciate your opinion on the following.

MG 250 DFX

Valvestate VS265

Haze MHZ40C

not sure if your wanting a combo or a 1/2 stack, but you'd be alot better off with a nice all tube amp. I was gonna suggest that you could get a nice used DSL for about $550 these days,.....

.... but going by the pix of the cave its doesn't look like $$$ is that big of an issue so in that case i'd get a nice JVM head or combo.:cheers::dude:

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if your wanting a combo or a 1/2 stack, but you'd be alot better off with a nice all tube amp. I was gonna suggest that you could get a nice used DSL for about $550 these days,.....

.... but going by the pix of the cave its doesn't look like $$$ is that big of an issue so in that case i'd get a nice JVM head or combo.:cheers::dude:

Haze is an all tube amp. Actually a nice combo if you like 10" speakers...

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
That's because you guys didn't see the 17 other f***ing fridge threads that were generated last year about this time when we first heard they were going to do this fridge idea. We got sick of them then and eventually they stopped and we all breathed easier. Now it's fine that you got one, but instead of making the 4th thread about how I got mine, you could just add onto the last one saying "Hey, I got one too! Here are pictures." Then it would all be in the same thread and not 2-3 clones of the same damned thread, like the ones about Sl00sh Toanz.

so if someone buys a JVM and he wants to show it, he needs to put it in an existing JVM topic, because some people hate JVM topics?
am i glad you're not a moderator over here...

BeardedRetroGuy

Reaction score
Dude, there are plenty of "Show us your <insert amp type here>" threads already available. I don't post in the Show us your YJM because I don't hav one, but if I did I'd certainly post shots of it there.

And the YJM sounds like one bad-ass amp.

And I was just having a similar conversation on FFXI in my linkshell about why I don't actually run my own linkshell (it would be empty :naughty:). You can't make everyone happy. There's always something negative to point out. You either necro-post, over-post, or ignor-post. You're either too excited or not excited enough. It's sort-of human nature to never be satisfied.

Quasar-Kid

Reaction score

Quasar,
The 1959 Hammond is a M3 , referred to as the "Baby B". Sounds like a B3 but doesn't have the full bass pedals. The piano is a Rhodes 73 Suitcase model and of course there is a Leslie! Mine is the new 3300.

Dude..!!! Excellent
I recognized that suitcase Rhodes right away
I played in a band in Boston (years back) with a chick singer who had one

and a Baby B (impressive)

We used to play this Traffic song (a lot) she nailed it always
She took the falsetto vocal lines I took the others

Her solo was SPOT ON perfect match / This has always been one of my favorite songs / I love well crafted Hippie Music..!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JgbPG1tOQg]Traffic - Who Knows What Tomorrow May Bring 1968 Remastered - YouTube[/ame]

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:) VERY Nice Scrim. It makes me quite envious, and I'm guessing a few others here as well. Welcome to the Forum.

Just one Thing: Is that fridge YOUR ONLY MARSHALL?

We need Pics: STAT.

(Guys, I'm hoping he only owns a Valvestate then I won't feel so bad....)

:thumb::thumb: TWIN

RBscrim

Reaction score
:) VERY Nice Scrim. It makes me quite envious, and I'm guessing a few others here as well. Welcome to the Forum.

Just one Thing: Is that fridge YOUR ONLY MARSHALL?

We need Pics: STAT.

(Guys, I'm hoping he only owns a Valvestate then I won't feel so bad....)

:thumb::thumb: TWIN

Ya'll made me feel so bad about posting here without actually owning a real Marshall amp that I went out today and bought a DSL40C. It's actually bigger (heavier) than I was looking for but it was only a little more than the DSL15.
I'm gonna go warm it up and rattle some windows!

OK... now do I get to learn the secret handshake? :applause:

MarshallCombo_zpse4a856e3.jpg

Latest posts