• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Cordless pedal power option..quiet?

• Thread starter end user
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

end user

Reaction score
I am building a pedalboard that has a couple pedals that tend to be a little noisy. I went and bought these adapters that allow you to use one of those battery packs mostly meant for charging up a tablet or phone. I am guessing this will really quiet everything down. The battery I have is I think 6500mah. Not sure how to do the calculations on how quickly it would drain with say 5 or 6 standard draw pedals.

Anyone else here do this? If so how is it working out? How about opinions on if eliminating AC will quiet pedals down?

thetragichero

Reaction score
battery capacity (mah) / add up the current draw of all the pedals (ma) = hours of use
should be quieter than a supply because you're not rectifying ac from the wall to dc. might provide noise issues sharing a common +/- supply

end user

Reaction score
battery capacity (mah) / add up the current draw of all the pedals (ma) = hours of use
should be quieter than a supply because you're not rectifying ac from the wall to dc. might provide noise issues sharing a common +/- supply

Awesome thanks. I got the ma draw from all the pedals I am going to use and only came up with less than one amp. I hooked it all up and voila! No noise at all. It was really bugging me cos a couple of my pedals I wanted to use are my favorites but just so noisy. Roughly 7 hrs of use for that 6500mAh battery.

Happy as a clam and don't have to use a power adapter or brick any more.

thetragichero

Reaction score
if it's li-ion (i'd be shocked if it weren't) i wouldn't go more than 3 or 4 hours plugged in time per charge (unlike older battery technologies, li-ion don't have 'memories' so as long as your charger stops charging when the battery is full, you should be fine). better safe than sorry