Covers? What do you guys use?

• Thread starter Diocletian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Diocletian

Reaction score
Finally it looks like I have a band that will be gigging, and, since I live in Scotland, I'm thinking I need to protect my amp from the rain (it's an AVT150 combo).
I don't want to spend £30 on a cover just cos it has a Marshall logo on it - are there cheaper alternatives around? Or something else you guys use?

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
Around $3 a box US. not kidding.

Glad-ForceFlex-Trash-Bags.jpg

eljeffebrown

Reaction score
Banding, Snorkeling, High Speed Line Skipping, Boo
:lol:

I guess if you had to, this would be a good way to get the job done!

They absolutely work. you put one on and tie it off then put another going the opposite direction and tie it off, sealed!

The force flex ones are the best cause they don't rip! we use these things ALL THE TIME for all kinds of stuff!

Diocletian

Reaction score
I did think of using bin bags (sorry, trash bags!) but didn't think I'd fit one over my amp. That would be ideal though, and a lot cheaper than one of those vinyl ones. :)

80s dude

http://www.lecover.com/index.html

I have 3 covers from these guys. All 3 were custom orders owing to unique dimensions*, but they cost what typical stock Fender/Marshall covers go for- but better made. And water resistant.

* These-
Marshall Artist 3203
'62 Fender Pro
'52 Fender 600

jupiter89

Reaction score
eljeffebrown is right definitely if rain is a concern, because an amp cover has the opening for the handle which then offers no protection from rain. For an amp cover where rain isn't a concern, I started using D2F covers which are a padded cloth-like material, but recently I switched to padded vinyl - I like the looks of the black vinyl better, and the option to add gold (or other color) piping. Protects my amps from 4 cats. I use Custom Amp Covers $29 for a JCM/JMP without the piping which is about 17 to 18 pounds, but I am sure you would prefer to get something locally to avoid a huge shipping charge if you needed one of those for home use.

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
They absolutely work. you put one on and tie it off then put another going the opposite direction and tie it off, sealed!

The force flex ones are the best cause they don't rip! we use these things ALL THE TIME for all kinds of stuff!

:) Jeffe, is this the point at which I make a Smart-Ass 900 Joke?

You have got to be the best Straight-Man in the business.

:lol::lol: TWIN

Diocletian

Reaction score
:) Jeffe, is this the point at which I make a Smart-Ass 900 Joke?

You have got to be the best Straight-Man in the business.

:lol::lol: TWIN

Wait, was he saying, in a roundabout way, my AVT is trash and I should get a tube amp?! :lol:

Gibson LP Studio with a pair of DiMarzio PAFs into that AVT and it makes even me sound good. ;)

mike mike

Reaction score
What I do for the moment is put a tarp and a small rug down in the back of my can and gently put the cab in so it doesn't get ripped. Must be working, since a year and a half later, there are no additional rips in it and it travels a mild amount. Soon to be fogged to hell.

JayCM800

Reaction score
I use the Marshall "tote bag" for the head and a TUKI cover for the cab. They don't add weight or extra size and protect from everything short of a fire, flood or car crash.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I use BBQ grill covers as dust covers for my cabinets. Works great and they're cheap.