• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Define bedroom amp.

• Thread starter ricksdisconnected
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Really depends on weather we are mic'ing in through the bedroom PA system or not. That has been pretty unclear in this thread.:D

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
... Am I been bant?

iu

nope you can come out now.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Sort of, indeed - but that brings us to point two:

You only end up with a bedroom if you have the love connection/partner/spouse. Without that it becomes a practice room/studio/mancave with an optional sleeping facility... ;)
I take you neither have any money. Otherwise you would see it differently.
And a musician without money really is not a professional musician.
So it is said, so it is done. I said it. :D

mickeydg5

Reaction score
Generally an amp that fits in your hand or somethin small ...an amp one might play in an apartment living situation , or living with others who are not conditioned to deal with a loud amp

One that fits in the packaging from the bedding ?

My actual bedroom AMPS nowdays are a Rivera Super Champ and a Champ II .......
Alvis takes it to the end. He keeps his amplifier in his comforter bag and what I consider repurposing. Awesome for the bedroom! :thumbs:

Last edited:

mickeydg5

Reaction score
Or you've got the kind of money where she holds *edit* no leverage on you.
My meaning was simple in that a bedroom is for sleeping or propagating and for your drawers and stuff.
Anyone with a bit of cash especially a "musician" should have extra room for say living, hobbying or even studioing.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The other side of coin is compassion/ love and respect.
So mickEydg5 if your amp is not huge , no love ? That’s funny right there.
So I basically said a bedroom amplifier is for a musician without a love connection/partner/spouse or money.

I will have you know that I always ask my wife is she wished I had a bigger amp and "The size of yours is just fine." is the reply I always receive.

Or did you mean some guys have a love connection with their amp?
Those are some really small holes and that does bring up a manly deficiency.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
My meaning was simple in that a bedroom is for sleeping or propagating and for your drawers and stuff.
Anyone with a bit of cash especially a "musician" should have extra room for say living, hobbying or even studioing.

Well, I would agree that in a married couple's home, a bedroom amp might look a little "limp dicked" or nerdy(?) to the lady. I'd stick with the bottles of musk, spiced deodorant, and maybe a medieval knight helmet in the amp's place to play it safe.

PelliX

Reaction score
I take you neither have any money. Otherwise you would see it differently.
And a musician without money really is not a professional musician.
So it is said, so it is done. I said it.

I'm doing alright, honestly - but I'm also not a professional musician, indeed. I have both a bedroom and a music room/studio, but if one had to go, I would be sleeping on the sofa ... :thumb:

I've never understood the fascination with a 'bedroom', anyway. It's a room where you go to be unconscious, and you leave it again when you wake up - makes little sense to me if you have a house to yourself... :shrug:

GregM

Reaction score
If you can have sex on it it's a bedroom amp? So I'm assuming a 2x12 combo amp, ideally with controls on the front face I'd assume ( don't want her turning down the presence accidentally)

end user

Reaction score
what exactly is a "bedroom amp" anyways?
sounds like most of you think of it as whatever amp you can wheel into your bedroom.
we need to get a better understanding of what a bedroom amp really is guys.
what makes a good bedroom amp? what situations require a bedroom amp even?

Peavey Vypyr 75. Two great channels (out of like 8) and has enough oomph to sound good at low volumes.

PelliX

Reaction score
So I'm assuming a 2x12 combo amp, ideally with controls on the front face I'd assume ( don't want her turning down the presence accidentally)

She can sit on a 4x12. For added coolness, hang a guitar over your shoulder gunslinger style. Presence way down, but resonance way up. Slap the bottom E for more effect, and hit a power chord when done.

Bonus points if you can wedge in some jokes about 'the sustain on the guitar is good, but nothing compared to mine', etc.

...is it Friday already?

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
Resizer_16285283443430.jpg I'm doing a shameless plug here. I just found out how to upload a file so I couldn't do a new amp say (sad I know). Therefore I'm posting it here. Sorry Ric for highjacking it, but it is a bedroom amp (7 watts). 1971 SF Champ with everything original (original tubes and capacitors in a box).

I sleep with it at night. She is raunchy bish..