Did Marshall ever made pinstripes with custom colors

• Thread starter kalotten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kalotten

Reaction score
According to the Doyle book Marshall offer royal blue, red and white levant in 1967 as in the end of pinstripe era

But the this popped up

That actually says there were ever no royal blue, just the same colors as in 1968 catalogue

That’s interesting in its self

But my big Q is

Were there ever any pinstripes can in these custom colors made according to someone or did the red white purple came with basketweave ?

I talked with a german dealer couple a years ago and he claimed he had had one pinstripe can in a custom color, but I don’t remember the color, that he sold

At the same time it’s interesting that Doyle says royal blue, maybe there was some fakes 67 in just that color when the book was written just as brown pinstripes

Cheers

BygoneTones

Reaction score
I've never seen any personally, but that doesn't mean they didn't make any, likely as custom orders. Be very wary of fakes if looking around online for them. They're uber rare if there are any genuine ones out there.

Obviously there was the white Brian Poole cabs made in the early days, and some 'two tone' stuff, but that would be before they were using the usual levant style tolex.

Ned B

Reaction score
That is the '68 catalogue. Here's the '67.

Attachments

• 67-01.jpg
    67-01.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 67-02.jpg
    67-02.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 67-03.jpg
    67-03.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 31

kalotten

Reaction score
Ah ok thanks bygone and Ned

So even here is doyle a little bit of then he says thar catalogue is from 1967 that actually is from 1968….?