Difference between Mojotone Cabinets

• Thread starter conacher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

conacher

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’ve purchased a 2001 1959slpx and I’m currently looking for a great 2x12 to play it through. I was seriously interested in the 1936 Marshall cab however I looked at Mojotone cabinets and im wondering what the difference is between:

Canyon
Heritage
Imperial
Lite
Select
Slammin
West Coast

The website doesn’t explain their differences, wondering if you all know?

conacher

Reaction score
I did go and checked out some of the different cabs, just wanted to see the varying opinions from others. I’ll have to check out Sourmash as I haven’t heard of them yet. Thanks!

tallcoolone

Reaction score
Why not just get a 1936?
I would assume b/c they sell for $1200 new right now and come loaded with G12T75 Celestions which aren’t everyone’s cup since they are so scooped? But just guessing ;)

New cabs are crazy—Craigslist and FB marketplace are your friend.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would assume b/c they sell for $1200 new right now and come loaded with G12T75 Celestions which aren’t everyone’s cup since they are so scooped? But just guessing ;)

New cabs are crazy—Craigslist and FB marketplace are your friend.
Wasn't suggesting new.
OP picked up a 11 year old 1959X, why not a late model 1936?
Always a few options on the used market (RV, GC, etc.) around the price of a Mojo / Sourmash build.
And as you say, scour the local stuff - deals can be had if you are patient and jump when a deal shows up.

chocol8

Reaction score
A used 1936 will vary in build quality and materails. I build my own speaker Cabs but have bought head cabs from Sourmash and they are excellent. I would wpuld order from him unless I found a killer deal locally.

Gutch220

Reaction score
The Mojotone Twin Canyon looks pretty nice. I'd suggest getting the biggest/beefiest one with the most room inside. Also check out the Avatar Contemporary cabinet, those are pretty big big. These small custom cabinet companies make cabinets just as good as the mass-produced Marshall 1936. I own both companies cabinets and both are superb, you won't be disappointed. Sometimes they offer custom runs on cabinets and you can choose your own colors, etc...
1671547769354.png

conacher

Reaction score
I just purchased a 1936 this morning for a great deal that looks practically new! I like that setup though 🤔

Gutch220

Reaction score
A very lightly used 1936 appeared on Reverb this morning and I purchased it. $425 plus about $150 shipping. The cab has casters and it looks brand new.
you must be nuts for shipping a 4x12 cabinet.....especially right now. shipping is very expensive, plus the companies are so busy right before Christmas, so they will throw around your package like it's on fire. hopefully it was shipped through a freight company, they're a little more professional and are used to large items, unlike seasonal employees contracted out by UPS to use their own pick-up truck

Chris Banuelos

Reaction score
you must be nuts for shipping a 4x12 cabinet.....especially right now. shipping is very expensive, plus the companies are so busy right before Christmas, so they will throw around your package like it's on fire. hopefully it was shipped through a freight company, they're a little more professional and are used to large items, unlike seasonal employees contracted out by UPS to use their own pick-up truck
It’s a 212. It arrived in great shape7791101B-DD79-4541-A1C3-13F90C6B2F72.jpegB929E2D0-DA90-4923-B1E9-819F4BC352BF.jpeg

Chris Banuelos

Reaction score
Sorry, thought you were replying to me.

conacher

Reaction score
You must be nuts for thinking a 1936 is a 4x12. It’ll look just like the photo posted by Chris

Deftone

Reaction score
OP resolved his need, but I'm throwing in another vote for Sourmash. I have an over sized 2061CX 2x12 and three head cabs from Sourmash. Top tier quality and super affordable.