Do you believe in UFOs?

• Thread starter Alligatorbling
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jchrisf

Reaction score
I've already made my beliefs in all this known.. now i am just having fun :)

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
Humans demanding proof of things they can't understand. There's your arrogance right there. Has nothing to do with LOOP's, just more of the same old self-centricity is awl.

The ant raising it's fist to the sky.
There is nothing new under the sun.

Last edited:

IOSEPHVS

Reaction score
An alien craft from a different planet was shot down by the interstellar police for violating interstellar law prohibiting interference in the affairs of indigenous species (us).

This happens all the time, but this time the military's recovery and cover-up team was busy with another crash over by Socorro. The military that first responded to the Roswell crash was not aware that flying saucer crashes were being recovered and aggressively covered-up. They found out the hard way the next day.

There are many species coming to our planet, all of them from within 50 light years of Earth. Copious numbers of their crafts have been seen with the naked eye, with non-visible light frequencies, and with radar. A staggering number of photographs exist of them. They leave physical evidence on the ground when they land such as indentations, traces of radioactivity, altered soil, and even pieces of their craft. They harass and occasionally collide with our aircraft. Under these circumstances, you could make a better case for the non-existence of lightning than you could for the non-existence of alien visitors. Neither one of these phenomena are a matter of belief unless your beliefs include the denial of reality.

Citations, please. By that I mean valid information from peer-reviewed scientific, medical, or academic journals.

66 Kicks

Reaction score
There is an interesting human behavior that I have observed for pretty much all of my life. When they are scared, stressed, terrified, etc., their normally rational behavior disappears, facts and logic are ignored, and they crack jokes.

One night at band practice I went outside and saw a UFO slowly cruising along. The guitar player came out and initially proclaimed that is was an airplane. When it stopped dead, he decided it was a star. But when it suddenly shot off at an incredible speed, he agreed that it was a UFO. The interesting thing was that the drummer refused to step out and look at it and just planted himself against the wall in total terror. And then he started spewing out stupid jokes.

66 Kicks

Reaction score
Citations, please. By that I mean valid information from peer-reviewed scientific, medical, or academic journals.

Really? Are you actually considering that I might be right?

I have read scientific, medical, and academic journals all of my adult life and they have all steadfastly avoided the subject. I still subscribe to a couple and I would be very surprised if they ever addressed the issue.

IOSEPHVS

Reaction score
Really? Are you actually considering that I might be right?

I have read scientific, medical, and academic journals all of my adult life and they have all steadfastly avoided the subject. I still subscribe to a couple and I would be very surprised if they ever addressed the issue.

I am not static in my thinking. If you want me to accept your argument, provide valid, substantiated information from reliable primary and secondary sources.

66 Kicks

Reaction score
I am not static in my thinking. If you want me to accept your argument, provide valid, substantiated information from reliable primary and secondary sources.

For a no-nonsense, scientific examination of the Roswell incident, I would direct your attention to "Crash at Corona" by Berliner and Friedman.

The interstellar police and the distances are unlikely to be publicly verified in any of our lifetimes if ever.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
The problem is in the name: Unidentified Flying Object:
Unidentified-is a misnomer, because they have been identified many times.
Flying-some of them travel at speeds which we aren't accustomed to and which seem to appear and disappear instantly.(I know this through personal experience)
Object-more accurately its a spaceship containing 'living breathing' critters with or without purpose. Earth may have just been a way-stop for a family 'sunday' cruise.

We can now shut the thread, or we can leave it open for others to conbobulate blindly.

jchrisf

Reaction score
Humans demanding proof of things they can't understand. There's your arrogance right there. Has nothing to do with LOOP's, just more of the same old self-centricity is awl.

The ant raising it's fist to the sky.
There is nothing new under the sun.
I'm sorry Vin but I am not going to believe something so outlandish without proof.
tenor.gif

dro

Reaction score
The problem is in the name: Unidentified Flying Object:
Unidentified-is a misnomer, because they have been identified many times.
Flying-some of them travel at speeds which we aren't accustomed to and which seem to appear and disappear instantly.(I know this through personal experience)
Object-more accurately its a spaceship containing 'living breathing' critters with or without purpose. Earth may have just been a way-stop for a family 'sunday' cruise.

We can now shut the thread, or we can leave it open for others to conbobulate blindly.

A way stop for a family cruise. That's good. Instead of bringing back a pregnancy. They left their seed behind. Remember that phone call from the girl you met the week you spent in Pismo beach? The one tell you I'm late? Oh wait, that was me.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
There's actually more evidence for UFOs of non terrestrial origin than there is for many biblical events that the religious hold as sacred and unquestionable.

I'm not saying either is right or either is wrong but hard verifiable evidence always holds credibility with me.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
There's actually more evidence for UFOs of non terrestrial origin than there is for many biblical events that the religious hold as sacred and unquestionable.

It wouldnt be the first time that a know-it-all doesnt even own a copy or has ever read a page, let alone a chapter.
:lol:

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not saying either is right or either is wrong but hard verifiable evidence always holds credibility with me.

When you say "the religious", I assume you talk about the literalists who interpret the sacred texts in their exoteric sense. Debating the historicity is futile. Just brushing it off from an exoteric framework and stating a narrative form the History channel is more believable is laughable.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score

Agreed.

The main problem for me is BELIEVING. Believing in anything.

Anything you believe is a model your brain created, it's not the ¨real reality¨, we will never access the ¨reality¨ because reality will always be subjected to the beholder. You may believe our sky is blue, but for poeple who sees in different color spectruns it might not be blue. Just because most of your bipede sensciente mammals thinks the sky is blue, it's just an interpretation.

I making this joke because everyday we learn something new, something new happens and we must adapt. Discuss about our theories just trying to proof we are the chosen ones with the best modelled reality it is just a waiste of time.

There are things that the current science does not have a proof, there are things that religious models can not explain. So let it be.

BTW, I hope we are not alone and I hope we are de indigenous hostile species because if we are the apex of evolution the universe is totally screwed and must be reset.

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score
I uhm...

ah, never mind, I forgot what I was gonna say.
Crap! :mad:

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Motivational Speaker
VIP Member
Reaction score

First, read my post: https://www.marshallforum.com/threads/do-you-believe-in-ufos.115011/page-11#post-2009053

Next,

The "religious", whomever your referring to except maybe cults, hold zero doctrine or theology on alien-related biblical events, let alone hold any as "sacred", so you can throw that idea out the window. You've got some awfully bold and false assumptions there. Moreover, as far as my lifetime of research goes, there's absolutely zero "proof" on either side of the UFO/alien/loop's equation. In every case it comes down to what you choose to believe. So to address your post, there is no more "evidence" of anything, one side or the other.

So I'll leave you with this question: just what in the hell is "evidence/proof" anyway? (and don't use words like "tangible", please).

Last edited: