• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Do you live in "BFE"?

• Thread starter Sapient
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Who here lives in the most remote location of all. Like lowest population count, furthest Walmart, need a tank of gas to drive to get a tank of gas BFE. Rough winters and that outside silence that to us city slickers is in itself ...loud as hell.

I'm in an everyday sub so there is nothing from my end on this. So, if you are too then keep your useless story off the map too and just understand you have nothing to offer. Lol.

There is a part of me that would love to be way out rural ...out in the country so I'm rather intrigued by the thought of it.

Also, have you never once left your environment to this date?

1 ..2 ..3 ..go ..

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a part of me that would love to be way out rural ...out in the country so I'm rather intrigued by the thought of it.
I used to live near the edge of civilization.
A few miles from a Wal-Mart, and a few miles from dirt roads that lead off into nothingness.
If you really want to live in the middle of nowhere, you can probably find something just outside the burbs that gets you isolation when you want, and Dunkin' Donuts in the morning.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I live 8,000ft up in the Rocky Mountains and my tiny town has about 400 residents. We have no traffic lights and the nearest city to go to Walmart or any other chain store is a 3+ hour round trip. We have 1 little market 1 hardware store and 1 auto parts store and one chain restaurant which is a Subway inside a gas station. There's also only 1 school that teaches all grades from 1st-12th There's a few family owned tourist based stores and family owned restaurants. Otherwise it's mostly Amish, Mennonites cowboys, ranchers and farmers.

Most anything you need needs to be ordered or you go down the mountain for it. You normally see people in town on horseback, horse and buggy, tractors and occasionally steers/bulls. It's like living in the old west, but the tourists and big city investors are starting to kill it. The nights can get so dark here that you can't even see right in front of your face and headlights don't help much. The quiet is as quiet as it can get, how I would imagine being buried alive. Right outside of town is like being in the absolute middle of nowhere. There's also an abundance of wildlife.

Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
abbreviation for a compass direction, posterior orifice, and a certain action taken therewith.

lespaul339

Reaction score
I wish I didn't have neighbors. I hate my neighbors. I live in a nice small quiet lake town of about 1500 people about 30 mins away from a wal-mart. During the summer months our town population doubles with all the campers that come into town. I have a house on the lake, but the problem with that is I live next to stuck up lake people that think their shit doesn't stink. My neighbors have a problem with minding their own business. They act like they run the neighborhood. People suck. I wish I lived in the middle of nowhere.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
I used to live 20 miles from a small town out on a dirt road during the 80s.

I have also lived in Northern Virginia which is as modern suburban as it can get.

Now I live in a small town again. But we do have a walmart.

But all this flipping gear on graigs list or low cost, high quality, used gear in a local market just doesn't happen. There are no used Celestions. There are no used Duncans or Dimarzios. There are no used Gibsons or Charvels. Thee might be some used Epiphones and Squires. There are not even any MGs or ValveStates. There might be some Blues Jrs. There are no mom and pop guitar shops. There are no techs. You learn to do all your own stuff.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I live in beachside suburbs. Less than a mile from the Atlantic ocean, separated from the mainland and its trashy cities by the river between this barrier island and the mainland.

I'd like to live out in the country some ways, with enough land that I can set up my own shooting range and have my neighbors being too far away for them to be bothered by all the booming and banging. I'd also have a small house and a BIG workshop on that property. Some day....

Adieu

Reaction score
Boyfriend Experience?

Nah, you might need to wait another couple years to get a resident village bisexual gigolo with premium services

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
I live 8,000ft up in the Rocky Mountains and my tiny town has about 400 residents. We have no traffic lights and the nearest city to go to Walmart or any other chain store is a 3+ hour round trip. We have 1 little market 1 hardware store and 1 auto parts store and one chain restaurant which is a Subway inside a gas station. There's also only 1 school that teaches all grades from 1st-12th There's a few family owned tourist based stores and family owned restaurants. Otherwise it's mostly Amish, Mennonites cowboys, ranchers and farmers.

Most anything you need needs to be ordered or you go down the mountain for it. You normally see people in town on horseback, horse and buggy, tractors and occasionally steers/bulls. It's like living in the old west, but the tourists and big city investors are starting to kill it. The nights can get so dark here that you can't even see right in front of your face and headlights don't help much. The quiet is as quiet as it can get, how I would imagine being buried alive. Right outside of town is like being in the absolute middle of nowhere. There's also an abundance of wildlife.

Awesome! That sounds kind of like life here in Montana..And I wouldn't have it any other way.

We aren't at the edge of civilization, but it's a short drive away! :lol:

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
I used to live 20 miles from a small town out on a dirt road during the 80s.

I have also lived in Northern Virginia which is as modern suburban as it can get.

Now I live in a small town again. But we do have a walmart.

But all this flipping gear on graigs list or low cost, high quality, used gear in a local market just doesn't happen. There are no used Celestions. There are no used Duncans or Dimarzios. There are no used Gibsons or Charvels. Thee might be some used Epiphones and Squires. There are not even any MGs or ValveStates. There might be some Blues Jrs. There are no mom and pop guitar shops. There are no techs. You learn to do all your own stuff.

We have an excellent music store over in Bozeman, along with Gibson's acoustic factory, and there's a couple over in Billings..But there's always Reverb and such.

Our local music store here has little in the way of quality gear..Mostly cheap beginner stuff. Same deal with the pawnshops, used to be one could find the occasional jewel in those, but now it's stuff like overpriced Squires or Epiphones.

Sapient

 
Reaction score

Ahh ...that was great, man. You should write a book! Sounds like a real cool place! :dude:

nickfox

Reaction score
I live in a small medieval village in southern France. There are about 30 people here in the winter and it bumps up to about 50 in august. My house is at the top of the village, the last house, and outside of my gate is the beginning of a hiking trail that goes up into the mountains. I am down in a very small valley and my house is physically blocked from the rest of the village. That means I can turn up my amps very loud. No one has complained in 4 years.

(On a side note, I just built a barrier out of styrofoam and wood to block the entrance to my bedroom. Now I can turn up my amps even louder. I needed to build some serious ear protection...)

The nearest Mcdonald's is 20 miles away. And that's it. There are no 7-11s, no 24 hour drive throughs, no 24 hour grocery stores. It's just remote. Most everything shuts down here around 7pm.

Here is a picture I took a couple of years ago from my front gate looking down into the village. I'm at 1700 feet (500m) and it was a cold, quiet, snowy night.

91011420_10156832170827019_1091692528144482304_n.jpg

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
That looks like a nice place. Nice enough that I'd expect to be annoyed at the Disney characters walking down the street every day. See any French brunettes in blue and white dresses lately? :cool: Or the bimbettes?