Does anybody make a shallow replacement jack plate?

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Edit: I turns out I don't need the jack plate anymore so please ignore the OP. This thread was derailed on page 3 and we are now discussing speakers. I'm leaving the OP in tact so the first 2 pages make sense. :lol:

I have a MX212A vertical cab with the angled top. I just put an Anlico Blue in the top (with a Anniversary H30 on the bottom) and Alnico blue is so tall there isn't enough room for this deep jack plate to fit anymore. I don't want to flip the speakers, I want to keep the Blue on top. Right now I just have the jack hanging out the back of the cab with a rag stiffed in to plug the hole. Does anybody make a shallow version of this jack plate? Just thought I'd ask before I try to rig something. I looked around, but I didn't find anything. Surely I can't be the only one with this issue.

XFZonYO.jpg

Last edited:

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a MX212A vertical cab with the angled top. I just put an Anlico Blue in the top (with a Anniversary H30 on the bottom) and Alnico blue is so tall there isn't enough room for this deep jack plate to fit anymore. I don't want to flip the speakers, I want to keep the Blue on top. Right now I just have the jack hanging out the back of the cab with a rag stiffed in to plug the hole. Does anybody make a shallow version of this jack plate? Just thought I'd ask before I try to rig something. I looked around, but I didn't find anything. Surely I can't be the only one with this issue.

XFZonYO.jpg
I'm not sure if there's a flat round jack plate that size.
How about something square-ish that could be screwed in from the back?
Although, a little piece of 1/4" plywood could also work.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
It's probably not going to be able to recess much if at all. The actual space I have to work with is 1.5" inside, 2" outside. Something like you posted mounted to the outside is probably the best option if there's not anything availablt that's made to fit.

Resident 217

Reaction score
Well depending on how much you have to move it you might just try a washer made from a few layers of cardboard or even cut a new one out of an old CD. Depending on how permanent youre wanting it of course.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well depending on how much you have to move it you might just try a washer made from a few layers of cardboard or even cut a new one out of an old CD. Depending on how permanent youre wanting it of course.

With the actual jack plus the depth of the jack plate being what it is I'd have to have at least a 2" thick washer/spacer to make it fit and that's not an option.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I made one, for different reason, for my 1x12, that's just a flat piece of cardboard/fiberwood. I used a coaster.

You can use a flat piece of plastic, or metal (I'd suggest metal) You can cut it to size, use the old one as a template, & screw holes in the 3 hole mount, & then drill a bigger hole in the middle for the jack...

In mine, I wanted to add another jack, because I installed a built-in microphone & didn't want to drill the cab for the mic port...

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The actual space I have to work with is 1.5" inside, 2" outside.
Use that existing recessed cup flange and trace it on some thin plywood.
Match the holes, mount it on the outside, and you won't have to muck up the back panel.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
If I can't get a drop in replacement jack plate I will probably use a square plate like Fitz linked and cut the hole out square to make it fit right. I was just hoping I don't have to do that.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I made one, for different reason, for my 1x12, that's just a flat piece of cardboard/fiberwood. I used a coaster.

You can use a flat piece of plastic, or metal (I'd suggest metal) You can cut it to size, use the old one as a template, & screw holes in the 3 hole mount, & then drill a bigger hole in the middle for the jack...

In mine, I wanted to add another jack, because I installed a built-in microphone & didn't want to drill the cab for the mic port...

My first thought was to use an old pick guard, I have a few laying around, but metal would be better. Problem is, I don't have a way to cut metal.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Part of an old license plate or some sheet metal should do it. I always run a bead of silicone around the hole before I fasten it.

If you don't have some tin snips, just fold, fold, fold, back and forth until it breaks.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have any problem improvising something if I have to, I just thought maybe there's a replacement jack plate out there and I just couldn't find it for whatever reason.

If I'm going to improvise, I'll buy the square metal plate and cut out the hole to make it fit right. I think that would be the easiest way to do it and it'll look right. I'm not concerned with ever putting it back stock, even if I sell the cab someday, I think a metal plate upgrade would be a good thing to a potential buyer. I already bought metal replacement handles for it weeks ago, I just haven't put them on yet.

alpha al

Reaction score
CE Distribution (AKA Amplified Parts) sells these. It might work for you. Their part number is P-H180.

Attachments

• p-h180_reshoot_0.png
    p-h180_reshoot_0.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 2

rtcook

Reaction score
Make your own then. Buy one like your original as they are available and cut the back part of the cone off to the depth you want and cover it with a circular piece of black plasic/pickguard material glued and put a hole in it for the jack. This way it mounts to your cab with the same holes with no mods and can return to stock with the original cup.

Latest posts