Does anybody make a shallow replacement jack plate?

• Thread starter DirtySteve
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I found a used CB 65 today for a decent price so I ordered it. I figure if I don't like it I can sell it for what I paid for it. I hope it surprises me.
Don't forget to try the cb65 by itself, I'm not a fan of mixing speakers at all and cb65 sounds great in any amp by itself.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
You'll have to forgive me, I had a stroke several years ago now, and sometimes I forget certain details about some things. I'm sitting here thinking (since my last post) and realizing that my hate for GBs is probably not fair. I've had it in my mind for years that I don't like greenbacks, but now that I'm thinking about it my only basis for that is a 10" Scumback M75 that I bought for my Class 5 way back in 2010 or 11, a 10" newer G10 and a WGS Green Beret. It has literally just dawned on me that I've never actually played a 12" Celestion Greenback. :facepalm: I just got that in my head and I've stuck by it. I'm sorry.
OMG Steve this is the first I'm hearing you had a stroke, I hope you're alright!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
It happened almost 6 years ago. Do you remember me telling the story of the shooting at my work? It happened right after that.
Yeah I remember that, maybe I just dont remember the stroke part of the story, which I think I would but maybe not. Just glad youre still here brother doing your thing! :yesway:

DirtySteve

Hold my beer!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget to try the cb65 by itself, I'm not a fan of mixing speakers at all and cb65 sounds great in any amp by itself.

You're right, it sounds great by itself, but it also sounds good mixed with the H30. If I'd known the 65 sounds like this I would've bought them long before now. Much different than I expected. Loving it so far.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
You're right, it sounds great by itself, but it also sounds good mixed with the H30. If I'd known the 65 sounds like this I would've bought them long before now. Much different than I expected. Loving it so far.
It's the one speaker that sounds great with every amp I own. Enjoy it!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I see why. It sounds really good right out of the box, but there is a slight edge to the highest end that I hope will smooth out a little in time. My mission in life now is to break this thing in.
Did you buy it new? Dial your EQ knobs to get it where you want.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
It's used, but barely, it's like new. I know all about the eq, I didn't mean to start anything, it was just a first impression observation, not a complaint by any means. It's good.. very good.
Good luck mixing it, Im not a fan of mixing speakers, you may end up just getting a 2nd creamback65. :yesway:

Latest posts