Does anyone use an a-b-y pedal with their plexi’s ?

• Thread starter Ufoscorpion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

8bit Barry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched this and had a go with my Radial ABY and it worked a treat

I found I’m not really into the Normal channel on a Plexi, so it’s not something I do very often although watching the Dan Hawkins video really shows just how versatile the approach can be. I have a 1987x for the record.

JPummil

Reaction score
Interesting idea...though we seem to have a slightly different idea of what constitutes "clean" :cool:

I might give this a go on my SV20H just to see what's possible. Of course, the biggest, richest sound seems to come from the classic "jumpered" approach, but being able to dial in a relatively clean, chimey option that is ABY accessible would be great!

svinyard

Reaction score
these things are wicked versatile. He went from Saturated Van Halen sorta gain…down to dirty chimey church tones with the delay.

I do this via riding the volume knob (mid song) on guitar and switching pickups (not mid song usually).

But this is pretty freaking sweet too. And no proprietary footswitch…and I can still go from clean (guitar vol 2-3) to crunch(4-5) to saturated (7-10) with volume. That’s a LOT of freaking tones at your finger tips. And they are badass tones too.

Lol I loved that his clean tone was def distorted. Funny. They do a really nice pure clean as well and he clearly had no idea what that was.

svinyard

Reaction score

I found I’m not really into the Normal channel on a Plexi, so it’s not something I do very often although watching the Dan Hawkins video really shows just how versatile the approach can be. I have a 1987x for the record.

do you have to have 3 cables for this to work properly or does your radial setup have a combined cable? I’m already running a 4 cable method with delay in the loop…I guess I could add another two cables lol

Is this excellent?
Morley ABC Switcher Selector Combiner https://a.co/d/8sizz13

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
do you have to have 3 cables for this to work properly or does your radial setup have a combined cable? I’m already running a 4 cable method with delay in the loop…I guess I could add another two cables lol

Is this excellent?
Morley ABC Switcher Selector Combiner https://a.co/d/8sizz13
I've had nothing g but good experiences with Morley. They have a great team of guys and gals. I wouldn't hesitate at all.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone did this to make a four holer a two channel amp , don’t think I’ve ever heard it discussed.
The normal channel is too dark to plug into by itself, you could put a treble boost in the chain for that channel I suppose would work. I never needed to switch between channels on a plexi, usually have tone dialed an edge of breakup for clean and hit it with an OD pedal to get gain. So theres really no reason to use an ABY pedal with one. What is nice on any amp is an effects loop to add a boost for lead volume boost.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score

This is exactly what I was thinking about possibly being a viable thing to do , obviously it is 👍

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don’t have a ‘plexi’ but I’m going to try it on my jmi vox ac30 , it should give it much more versatility.

Latest posts