dog people

• Thread starter EL 34
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EL 34

Reaction score
do your indoor dogs piss on guitars on stands or amps? i'm a bit reluctant to leave my half stack at a friends place and he has a dog.

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends if the dog is house trained. Totally depends on the owner. If it's a small lap dog then all bets are off - they're basically retarded as far as dog IQ goes and will piss and shit where they please.

Redstone

Reaction score
My dog wont piss or crap inside. Never trained him with treats or discipline, other than just letting him out from time to time. I guess he just got used to the routine. He is the ultimate indoor dog. He doesn't shed at all. He will find me in the house and paw at me/look at me until I let him out, or fill up his food/water. It's great having a dog with built in reminders to feed/walk/let him out for a crap. He doesn't chew on anything either, so no chewed up gear. He spends half of his time sleeping in the sitting room, where my gear is. 4 years and not even a chewed up cable. I got really lucky that he just "works".

Point is, just make sure your friend puts your stuff in a safe place, if his dog does tend to chew on things. Not all dogs are good indoors. My cousins old /Springer used to chew up literally everything in the house. Shoes, clothes, furniture, doors, the dishwasher, their shotgun, books, etc. Their current Pointer dog craps all over the place too. I was looking after her for a few days during the summer. All I had to do is check her food/water and let her out. I walked into their kitchen and there was piss and crap everywhere. half of the floor was yellow with a few huge brown polka dots. Their other dog (my dogs mother) managed to hold it together overnight until I let her our, despite being pretty old.

ricksconnected

Reaction score
is the dog a known chewer? will it be in a closed room?
to many questions to ask. i can tell you 1 answer that covers
most if not all situations.
in the end, its your gear your responsibility. if you have a
doubt dont leave it. get a combo for transporting situations.

Boink!

Reaction score
I never heard of a dog that ****s and pisses inside. Those that do are mostly if not always;

1) Those that are very very young and can't control themselves/haven't learned daily routine.
2) Live in such conditions that they either have no choice or the person doesn't care about it. In both situations the deal is pretty clear to the viewer by the time he's on the doorstep.

What you might pay attention to is the age of the dog.

- When they are young (1-3 I think) they chew the stuff around the house, and are known to throw tantrums by shredding them as a retaliation for...say, leaving them alone and going to work.
- When they are very old they might have some ongoing illness or disability so they end up peeing in the house from time to time ;(

So unless the dog is very young, or very old (rare cases) you should be fine.

edit: And oh yeah, nothing helps like directly asking about what worries you.

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Depends if the dog is house trained. Totally depends on the owner. If it's a small lap dog then all bets are off - they're basically retarded as far as dog IQ goes and will piss and shit where they please.

Well, my parents lap dog, a mix between a papione and a chipwawa, can roll over, sit up, sneeze, play dead, ring her bell when she needs to go outside to **** or piss, brings her bowl to them when it needs filling, knows when it's time to go to bed and knows when it's time for a treat, basically smarter than people on welfare and almost all full size purebreds and we have had them also. Matter of fact, growing up in the dog arena, most purebreds (except for German Shepards) are phucking stupid...just saying! Small dogs have come a long ways and are dam smart.

Las Palmas Norte

Reaction score
Our small 8 lb Yorkshire terrier won't even crap on our 1/2 acre property. Seriously ... we have to take him on a walk twice a day. Luckily he will squirt on site and is determined to kill a few palm trees in the front yard.
A lot in the training for sure.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
leaving gear @ a friend's place never ends well.

also,I never leave a guitar on a stand unattended & I don't even have a dog in the house.lol

Last edited:

EndGame00

Reaction score
mine is house trained... he will only piss and poop on an area in the house lined up with newspapers...

rmlevasseur

Reaction score
Always had small dogs since I was a kid. Lhasas or shi-tzu. All were very intelligent and were completely potty trained. If the dog is healthy and isn't house broken it's the fault of the owner, plain and simple.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Rancho Deluxe, Montana..3rd stone from the sun
Like everyone else has said, depends on the dog..Something to keep in mind is a lot of times whenever something new shows up on a dog's turf, he will "mark" it..It's just how a lot of dogs roll.

Our dog don't do that, but we just acquired a new puppy that I won't trust out of my sight, he's pretty wild! :ugh:

I keep the doors to my music room CLOSED..I forgot to close one of them the other day and came home to find one of my mic stands on the floor..They were probably playing in there and knocked it over..Thank goodness it wasn't one of my guitars! :mad:

Dogs will be dogs, if you have any question whatsoever take your rig home with you, dog pee ain't quite as bad as cat pee, but you still don't want it on your amp, it's next to impossible to clean off!

dreyn77

Reaction score
what about the drunk of the house?
tiny kids?
family feuds?

personally I'd turn the amp to face the wall just incase.

I once left a dirt bike at a cousin's farm.
the guy said he'd NEVER ride it, and looked like he was TOTALLY dissinterested in the vintage thing.
turns out the dude did ride the thing, ALOT. so much so he infact wore out the clutch and fully replaced the whole thing. he had a bike himself which was way newer but mine was the real deal which actually got the job done.

so NEVER LEAVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE! is the moto. ;)