DOJ raids Gibson Factory

• Thread starter johnemac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

johnemac

Reaction score
Last edited:

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. I just hope we get more on the story soon.

rjohns1

Reaction score
Anyone who knowingly uses wood that was cut in an area that is off limits to logging should be prosecuted to the fullest extant of the law

And you don't read do you? THe case this time is based on the US interpreting a law in India that says that wood cut down in India needs to be finished by Indians. The fact that the US is now enforcing the laws of another nation is pretty frightening to me. THis has nothing to do with harvesting wood illigally from an off limits area.

scirocco guy

Reaction score
Gots mine. Fuck the DOJ. Come to my Homestead and check out what I'm made of, tax wasting cocksuckers.

Attachments

• gibson glory.JPG
    gibson glory.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 6

trobdcso

Reaction score
The DOJ and Eric Holder is out of control. Gibson guitars are one of the few things left made in this country that people are willing to pay (Made in USA) prices for. Yet the DOJ is fucking with American jobs while unemployment is up the ass. Fuck you Holder.

luekemeyer

Reaction score
I would like to personally thank all of the people that voted Obama into power.. I guess it was a good decision if you are or want to be on welfare.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-taqM5Sk0]Gibson Guitar Corp. Responds to Federal Raid - YouTube[/ame]

Michael1987xl

Reaction score
Anyone who knowingly uses wood that was cut in an area that is off limits to logging should be prosecuted to the fullest extant of the law

I agree, completely. I'm hardly a tree hugger, but I don't think we should be destroying the environment willy-nilly, either.

Seeing as we agree on this point and since the potential charges here are indeed criminal, and although not even DOJ has mentioned illegal logging in connection with this latest invasion of a large number of people's Constitutional rights and keeping in mind that;

1. After 2 raids, two years apart no charges have been filed by DOJ;
2. No Federal Grand Jury has even been convened to investigate the case, and;
3. Gibson's suit (to regain the possession of it's property and lift the restraints) against the Fed's is now the subject of a motion filed by the DOJ to stay the proceedings because they can't get their act together;

Please show me:
A. Any and all evidence that tends to indicate that any crime was probably committed and that Gibson USA probably committed it, thereby giving rise to cause for the raid and a subsequent indictment, and;
B. Any and all of the evidence that establishes, beyond a reasonable doubt that Gibson, to use your words, "knowingly uses wood that was cut in an area that is off limits to logging" and therefore "should be prosecuted to the fullest extant of the law".

Finally, please, on a personal note, also let me know what the hell an "extant" is.

I'm guessing that right about now you're hearing your mother's voice ringing in your head: "Don't talk about things you don't know anything about and don't use words you don't know the meaning of".

Yeah, you should have listened to her, right?

Latest posts