Drugs and Rock n roll?

• Thread starter ItsChrispyTv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Papus

Reaction score
Drugs are just a poor substitute for genuine happiness, and that only comes through a select few avenues:

1) getting laid
2) playing the best solo of your life
3) doing option (2) which leads directly to option (1)
4) sitting right in the groove with a tight kick-ass band and having the crowd love it too
5) getting laid (again)
6) getting laid...... with two chicks

Hendrix said music was the original high and drugs just try to copy it....
I bet if Hendrix had lived he would have cleaned himself up in the 1970's and become the next Miles Davis or Steve Vai

Adwex

Reaction score
Drugs often divert your energy from responsibilities.
Some people can prioritize well...some can't.
Some are powerless and fall prey, some are strong and resist temptation.
Which are you?

Jack92CH

Reaction score
I smoke cannabis regularly, during jam sessions with friends, hiking, camping...as a relaxing sort of meditative way to just chill out. I never viewed it as a way to "get fucked up" or party hardy, and by no means do I see it as a way to somehow improve upon reality. I'm neutral towards substances like cannabis and certain psychedelics, but I despise cocaine and the opiates, that stuff just makes you less of a human, turns you into an animal.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to smoke pot everyday for 8 years.. Gave that up because i started getting paranoid..

Now and then ill party on the weekends with some friends and we get on the Eccy's.. But its only everynow and then..

Taking drugs everyday ruins lives..

Jack92CH

Reaction score
The most overlooked substance I think is alcohol. People have such a misplaced, grotesque disposition towards something as peaceful as weed yet discount the destructive potential of alcohol, which invades every aspect of our lives whether we like it or not. If there's one thing that rips families apart and destroys lives, it's alcohol. People say marijuana is the "gateway drug." Bullshit - it's alcohol.

By the way, this thread rules.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm 15 and live in the UK, For those who don't many people who live here know, its pretty much a drug fest these days, weed and coke is just so damn common, I've never tried anything but booze and smoking, hated it and never did it again. Just tasted like shit, but drinking i do every so often, bit of JD and coke of course. Anyway i was wondering what everyones experience is with drugs, i've been around (I used to skate) So it was common. But i've never done anything and tryna stay clear, why waste all my money on that shit when i could be buying some gear and gigging?
But ya never know, Whats everyones storys?
I wanna know as i'm tryna decided whether sex, drugs and rock n roll is the real life style these days, because these days its actually so common and its becomming kind of a boring thing of drugs, all the pikies do it so it kinda makes it tacky.

If drugs are so in your face, then change your friends. You will experience a life changing relief when you drop those losers.

Papus

Reaction score
I shoot straight Heroin into my eyeball everyday and i feel fucking fantastic

Mate are you some sort of dickhead?
You're talking to a FIFTEEN YEAR OLD KID - I hope for his and your sakes the next words you add to this thread are those of a MATURE ADULT

bulldozer1984

VIP Member
Reaction score
Mate are you some sort of dickhead?
You're talking to a FIFTEEN YEAR OLD KID - I hope for his and your sakes the next words you add to this thread are those of a MATURE ADULT

Its a joke.. People with half a brain (obviously not you) can see that

Papus

Reaction score
Its a joke.. People with half a brain (obviously not you) can see that

Grow up ****...
What if that was your kid enquiring about drugs and some half-witted assclown told him it's cool to do heroin?
Utter wanker

bulldozer1984

VIP Member
Reaction score
Grow up ****...
What if that was your kid enquiring about drugs and some half-witted assclown told him it's cool to do heroin?
Utter wanker

Did i say it was cool to do drugs ?? It was clearly a joke.. And besides look at all the bullshit you post on here, are you one to poke sticks ??.. OH, and I think your boyfriend is calling you back into bed, go and get him PAPPY.. Assclown

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score
examples....

jimi hendrix,bon scott,steve clark,mike starr,kevin dubrow- dead from drugs or alcohol

gene simmons-no drugs,living,& filthy rich

:hmm:

not to mention dope using friends or family will eventually steal your gear for drug money.yes,this has happened to me.:mad:

vintagevoltage351

Reaction score
Mind over matter.
I wouldn't say i was an angel, there were times i HAD to dabble just to see what the fuss was about. In the end, too much of a good thing with drugs usually ends bad.
Our late rhythm guitarist od on H, and i can never forget it.

Watch the movie "Christiane F" ChrispyTv, old movie but effective.
Im sure others here that have seen it would probably agree how things can take hold.

mike mike

Reaction score
Ydna's post is very true, and that is what you can look forward to if you decide to do drugs chrispy. I lost communication with him for nearly a year becaus of that. And when he started getting into that, he just wasn't the same anymore. Thankfully now things are back on track, and life is good for both of us. Justthink of this: spend all that money on weed, or amplification/guitarification.

In October last year to about January this year, I smoked almost every day. Focussig in school especially in math was soo hard, I was paranoid all the time, and money was gone. I have a bubbler/bong stashed in my room that I bought right before I quit and never used. That is a symbol of what I did, and it reminds me not to do it again, and if it ever does get use while I live at home, then I have fucked up big time.

poeman33

Reaction score
Stick to Sex and Rock n' Roll. I smoked a joint once in a while when I was younger...but it wasn't as strong as today's stuff. Haven't for at least twenty years now. Been slipped acid twice. Snorted coke once. Never played live stoned or drunk. I just hate to lose control. I still drink, but not to excess. I will have a beer or two when I am playing, but won't play drunk. I want to be my best. A shot of JD if the nerves are really bad...or just cuz it tastes so damn good. hehe. Try it without the coke, please!...It's too good to be mixed.

Anyway...I've seen way too many people ruin their careers and lives with drugs and excess. It should be about the music. It's not my place to tell anyone else what to do and I never will...(besides mixing JD). But remember why you picked up the guitar in the first place and why you still play. You will never be offered more crap than when you are a gigging musician. You are really going to be tempted...so you have to make your own choices.

GuN'R

Reaction score
I'll start off by saying I can't condone abuse of illegal drugs or the abuse of alcohol. I have been clean for about a decade now, and while I can say I never had any truly negative experiences with drugs, it is only because I excercised more descretion than most of the folks that I ran with in those days. If you let them, drugs can control and destroy your life and the lives of those around you in a way you can't imagine, and it's harder for some than others to resist that control and maintain balance in their life, and it is hard to tell which side of that line you stand on until it's too late. There are successful people in this world that either have or are using, but those should be viewed as the exception and not the rule. The price for failure is expensive when it comes to drugs, and the potential gains are nonexistant. Your'e better off not taking the risk. But it's your call.

That being said there are some tasty jams that would not have existed without substance abuse:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYS732zyYfU"]YouTube - Eric Clapton - Cocaine[/ame]

Indeed I think Jim Morrison and the Doors would probably not have had much influence to write about without substance abuse.......too bad he isn't around to tell you about it.

Hollowbody

Reaction score
I'm 45 years old. I have never done anything but alchohol and weed.

Last night I smoked some really good hydroponic and got kinda stoned then proceded to wire up a Telefunken power supply and I/O for a pair of Neve V72 preamps right there in the control room. Seriously, no bullshit.

Guess what. Best lead dress I have ever done, heat shrink-zip tie, all the solder points were excellent and the thing works perfectly. But it took me twice as long to finish (I was on my own time), and I enjoyed the process so much. I do as well with or without the weed all the time.

I am sure if I was drunk, or on Coke or Heroin I would have never even made it to the studio.

I wouldn't advise everyone to do this, it's just me. It kinda bothers me when people group all drugs by definition but I can see how that would apply to someone who is way too young.

Young people shouldn't do it, it's like letting a 4 year old drive a tank.