*dsl 100**

• Thread starter Adrian R
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian R

Reaction score
HOLY FU**!!:headbanger:

Some more tweaking done today..This thing is nothing but pure evil from HELL..a BEAST...

I've owned allot of Marshalls before and this thing is, hate to say cuz' I've kind of bashed them in the past...(fucking hate being wrong!) one of the best sounding Marshalls I've ever heard.. Gotta keep the presence and treble down before noon...especially with the V30s and all...but it has one HELLUVA sweet spot once you find it...

Green channel boosted is the SHIT all the way!

Reaction score
I run mine through vintage 30s too, and I agree, you got to keep that presence and treble just a bit over a quater and it sounds amazing.

So do you prefer this one or the 50 watts version?

What is your final favorite bias setting?

Blisster

Reaction score
welcome to the dark side.

try rolling the gain back to about 11 or 12 o'clock and boosting the red channel. monstrous.

Adrian R

Reaction score
I run mine through vintage 30s too, and I agree, you got to keep that presence and treble just a bit over a quater and it sounds amazing.

So do you prefer this one or the 50 watts version?

What is your final favorite bias setting?

Now that I have had a chance to experience both, I would have to give the nod to the 100watter..although the 50w model is close..... I have both 30s and 75s in my cabinet..so this adds an interesting spice if you will.. Biased right around 41mA..I'm also pushing the front end with that new Fulltone OD pedal.. I'm also running a combination of both JJ and EH preamp tubes..

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
welcome to the dark side.

try rolling the gain back to about 11 or 12 o'clock and boosting the red channel. monstrous.
i do that for red1. for 2 i have the gain at 8 o'clock max with a boost. it's a beast.

kebek

Reaction score
Most amps are great... just need to try them out... i tried a lot of amps with time and the only i dont like in the Marshall family is TSL and MG... for now this is what i own but i bought and sold so many amps... some i regreted some i did not mind... lots of members dont like what they dont have... so you prooved my point...

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:) You Guys Know Steve Grindrod has his Own new amp company don't You?

Albion Amps. He has got a Killer new head out TCT100 It is handwired. $1099

:):) TWIN

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
:) You Guys Know Steve Grindrod has his Own new amp company don't You?

Albion Amps. He has got a Killer new head out TCT100 It is handwired. $1099

:):) TWIN
yeah that thing does sound beastly. It looks pretty cool to imo.

Adrian R

Reaction score
But I told him 1st.

Yea, yea, yeah..whatever man...:lol::lol: I still love, and HAVE loved most Marshalls I have owned....I have had a long love affair with all my different 900s....they are cool amps, no doubt..still a bit more articulate/cleaner then the DSLs..including the 800 line..but for overall warmth, punch and versatility, its hard to beat the DSL..I just hope they can be as DEPENDABLE as my 900s have ALWAYS been..

No amp is perfect..its always a compromise...

Codyjohns

VIP Member
Reaction score
This guy is getting some great tone from this amp. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XB0W26ycw]YouTube - Marshall DSL 100 amp 1/2, JCM 2000[/ame]

ESPVH

Reaction score
Yea, yea, yeah..whatever man...:lol::lol: I still love, and HAVE loved most Marshalls I have owned....I have had a long love affair with all my different 900s....they are cool amps, no doubt..still a bit more articulate/cleaner then the DSLs..including the 800 line..but for overall warmth, punch and versatility, its hard to beat the DSL..I just hope they can be as DEPENDABLE as my 900s have ALWAYS been..

No amp is perfect..its always a compromise...

+1
I also had a 800, 900 & it's currently replacing my 5150, no looking back so far!

diesect20022000

In Memorandum
VIP Member
Reaction score
+1
I also had a 800, 900 & it's currently replacing my 5150, no looking back so far!
yeah i saold my 5150 to get a cobra and bought a triamp instead. I would take my dsl over the 5150 though tonewise for sure...and did.