Dsl 402 speakers

• Thread starter wayne0s
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wayne0s

Reaction score
Where abouts do you live? I might make you an offer for those speakers. I could then make a 4x12 cab.
Thanks,but I had better keep them handy until the warranty runs out in case I get any trouble with the amp

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

craigtodd

Reaction score
Thanks,but I had better keep them handy until the warranty runs out in case I get any trouble with the amp
Wise owl,
I have here a brand new celestion Neo V-type. £125 from gear4music.
Its too glassy and bright for me.
I'd be happy to trade for your marshalls if you ever feel the need.

Craig.

Chandler76

Reaction score
The G12C's are the Hendrix / Vintage Modern speakers and sound great in the DSL402. Especially at band level volumes on the clean and crunch channels. Gives the amp a more open feel, with an unruly, almost out of control vibe on the higher gain OD channels. Might not be tight enough for metal players, but perfect for Classic/Hard rock.
I took the V types out of mine and slapped some G12M 25 greenbacks 🙂🙂🙂💪🤘 is all I’m saying!

So I have a pair of 1 day old V types for sale 😂

wayne0s

Reaction score
I don't believe it!I haven't even had the amp 2 weeks and it just literally crapped out on me!
I now have 4 clean channels,very quiet clean channels.
Anyone else experienced this?

craigtodd

Reaction score
Mine is still alright. Please keep us updated. Good job you kept those speakers. I hope you find out exactly what has happened rather than it being a return/refund with no info.

wayne0s

Reaction score
Mine is still alright. Please keep us updated. Good job you kept those speakers. I hope you find out exactly what has happened rather than it being a return/refund with no info.
I've been in contact with the store,it is getting collected next week,I checked to see if the tubes were loose but they are all sat tight.hope it's something simple and get it back fairly soon.i will keep updating on here.

Lukas

Reaction score
Where are you guys purchasing this amp? The 402? I don’t even see it on the Marshall website?….. I have a 40CR that I absolutely love and maybe would trade up for the 2x12 version. Not really sure why they come with those weird speakers and not the V type that’s in the 1x12… you’d think it would come with 2 V types in this model!. I have a bit invested in my 1x12 dunno if it would be worth the trade in even if I would find the 2x12 version. I’d have to add quiet a bit of money and yard out those weird ass speakers and install a real celestion like 2 V30’s or a set of G12T75’s or better yet 1 of each would be killer. I installed a G12T75 in my 1x12 40CR and some Svetlana EL34’s with some preffered series 12ax7’s and bumped the bias up to 36mv from the factory set 33mv and it’s magic. Hmmmmm just don’t know if this is worth the upgrade?

wayne0s

Reaction score
Where are you guys purchasing this amp? The 402? I don’t even see it on the Marshall website?….. I have a 40CR that I absolutely love and maybe would trade up for the 2x12 version. Not really sure why they come with those weird speakers and not the V type that’s in the 1x12… you’d think it would come with 2 V types in this model!. I have a bit invested in my 1x12 dunno if it would be worth the trade in even if I would find the 2x12 version. I’d have to add quiet a bit of money and yard out those weird ass speakers and install a real celestion like 2 V30’s or a set of G12T75’s or better yet 1 of each would be killer. I installed a G12T75 in my 1x12 40CR and some Svetlana EL34’s with some preffered series 12ax7’s and bumped the bias up to 36mv from the factory set 33mv and it’s magic. Hmmmmm just don’t know if this is worth the upgrade?
Are you in the uk?

Lukas

Reaction score
Well if I can’t even try it I feel better because it’s just not an option anyway. It’s like wanting a cigarette but there’s none to be had anywhere haha

Lukas

Reaction score
They also released the 40CR in a white tolex model and a vintage looking model also. Those were offered here a couple years back but that was just cosmetic.

wayne0s

Reaction score
They also released the 40CR in a white tolex model and a vintage looking model also. Those were offered here a couple years back but that was just cosmetic.
If its any consolation, mine lasted 2 weeks before it completely failed on me,its back at the shop getting looked at.

wayne0s

Reaction score
I've been in contact with the store,it is getting collected next week,I checked to see if the tubes were loose but they are all sat tight.hope it's something simple and get it back fairly soon.i will keep updating on here.
The shop I bought it from have said they don't know has gone wrong with it.
They have sent it back to marshall and u have a new amp.so far so good....

craigtodd

Reaction score
It would be good, just to make a note of it here, what happened to it. Could you not push for an answer.
Mine is ok.
And I like the stock speakers.
The 2nd one I bought is still boxed/unopened.

wayne0s

Reaction score
It would be good, just to make a note of it here, what happened to it. Could you not push for an answer.
Mine is ok.
And I like the stock speakers.
The 2nd one I bought is still boxed/unopened.
I have been pushing them but they just said we don't know,we are sending it back to marshall.i still have the stock speakers in,and they don't sound too bad at all if I'm honest.

Latest posts