DSL 40C need helpplease

• Thread starter razeblin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

razeblin

Reaction score
Hi,
im new to the forum and have read MANY posts on here for a few years. There is a lot of guys on here with tons of knowledge and I have learned a lot. I am not new to Marshalls I have had more than a few of them and flat out love them all. I have been reading a lot on here about the DSL 40 C and im very interested in trying one out.Problem is I will have to buy one first to try one. No stores around here have them. Guitar Center said they would order me one and if I don't like it I can return it. Before I go through all that trouble I just have a few questions. Im a little concerned about where it is made Vietnam and the quality and longevity of it. Has any one had any problems with theirs yet? The reason im concerned is I had a nightmare made in Mexico Blues Jr that sounded great but would melt down every other month and I don't gig out or play in a band. I guess im a little bit old school if it aint USA or UK it must be less quality. I guess I need all the pros and cons if you will. The you tube vids of this amp sound pure Marshall and that's what im looking for. My last Marshall was a 401C and don't get me wrong it was cool but just missing that something so I sold it. Iguess im looking for reassurance that this is a good amp that will deliver the Marshall tone. Thanks

Pasloade74

Reaction score
I love my DSL 40c! Had it since July and I've had no problems. I traded my Marshall DSL 401 in for it. I've had nothing but problems with my 401 and it was made in the UK.

Rocktane

Reaction score
I've had my DSL100H for over 11 months and the only probs I've had were tube related and they were very early on. (nice run on sentence :lol:) Where's the coffee???!!!

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had mine since January of this year, and have had zero problems with it.
It is modified a slight bit you can read about that here - http://www.marshallforum.com/marshall-amps/53780-official-marshall-dsl40c-information-thread.html

You can try to compare construction between all these amps, and you will find very little to complain about. Sure, I am a DSL40c fanboy, but I have had my share of different amps in the 40 years I have been playing. These new amps are no better or no worse than anything else Marshall turns out. Sure the cabs are made of HDF rather than plywood. Sure they are made in Asia versus UK or USA. And yes, despite anyone's best efforts, there will be a few that break, or don't perform correctly for whatever reason, NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE MADE.

If you have to base an amp purchase decision on where it is made, you have bigger concerns...

razeblin

Reaction score
Well I found a brand new in the box DSL40 C at Sam Ash. It was a 2 hour drive to try it out but well worth the trip. This amp flat out sounds amazing! it even sounds good at lower volumes. Seems like its well made, time will tell. Thanks for all who responded to my post.

novafx4

Reaction score
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love your new amp. I've had my DSL40C since St Patty's Day weekend. It's the first tube amp I've owned and I love it.

razeblin

Reaction score
This amp still amazes me how good it sounds. I have owned about 5 different Marshall's and I would rate this one almost the best sounding one I have owned ,at least to my ears.

Latest posts