DSL Combos...they make my ears blead

sgstratdude

Reaction score
DSL 40 speaker sucks

The Celestion 70/80 isn't on anyones list as a great higher volume speaker. Not worth the break in. It's the same speaker that comes in 200 dollar crate cabinets. Just throw it out and get a decent speaker.

Last edited:

EndGame00

Reaction score
The DSL 15h was very very fizzy to me, so much that I sold it. I just couldn't play it. The 40c isn't the same - I don't find any fizz in it at all. And the 50 and 100w's sure don't have any fuzz.

But the 15h? Not recommended in my opinion.
:yesway:

Same here... I think the problem with the DSL15 is there is no in-between gain stages... One can get the "plexi-ish" crunch on the classic gain when cranked, and all of the sudden, "Lead 2" sound on the ultra gain channel... If they kept the more subtle lead 1, I would have kept the 15-watter....

It's just a poorly-concept design, IMHO.

vinceB

Reaction score
By the way, that is a rich statement that the line 6 sounds better than the DSL but I am not going to argue any point because hey I can't argue with the list of amps you have besides the line 6 of course.

I get along with my amp. If I had a contract I might get a bit more serious with amps , for now it works for me.
I had a Line 6 Spidervalve that blew the doors off any DSL I auditioned.