Dsl40cr And Pedals... Do They Get Along?

• Thread starter davidrf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davidrf

Reaction score
I currently run a PlexiTone through my DSL and it sounds ABSOLUTELY amazing. Best Drive sound I've had yet and at any volume.
Little OT: you're talking about the Carl Martin Plexitone? The full version with boost and stuff? I'm really interested about that "at any volume" thing, because I love pedals that give nice tones at bedroom volume. Is the Carl Martin really capable to pull that off? I use the ProCo RAT for that purpouse and it is awesome. Thanks!

cvansickle

Reaction score
I have a t.c. electronic G-Major that I use from the effects send in a w/d/w config for all my reverbs, chorus and such, and just run wah, phaser and drives into the front. However, when I first got the DSL40CR last summer, I hooked up my smaller pedalboard to it and ran EHX Canyon and Oceans 11 pedals into the front end, and the sound was colossal.

CosmoKramer

Reaction score
Little OT: you're talking about the Carl Martin Plexitone? The full version with boost and stuff? I'm really interested about that "at any volume" thing, because I love pedals that give nice tones at bedroom volume. Is the Carl Martin really capable to pull that off? I use the ProCo RAT for that purpouse and it is awesome. Thanks!
Yeah, the Carl Martin Plexitone. I have the full size two-channel pedal with the boost. It's really great and I think it sounds like a cranked marshall at any volume. I actually got it specifically for the purpose of playing at low volume at home, since cranking my amp every time I play isn't practical, and this pedal nails it. I like using the independent boost to hit the clean channel too when I plug my strat in, sounds really good. I really like it! It's my favorite overdrive pedal I've ever had.