How many of guitarist magazine's 101 best stomboxes ever do you own?

• Thread starter Lespaulnmarshall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper.

Reaction score
None. But i got a homemade Phase90 clone and a sort of Tubescreamer clone. Do those count? And does the Crybaby ZW count?
Only one TCE pedal on the list? They make some damn good pedals. I have a Flashback and it's great.

rads

Reaction score
only #1. And this is because i cannot make my own wah due to expensive-hard-to-find-wah enclosure.

I'm using my own built pedals...
umn...except metalzone...i bought it for $23 :naughty::naughty::naughty:

4STICKS

Reaction score
Only one. The Boss CE 1. But I got a Morley Bad Horsie, and Ibanez turbo tube screamer.

sccloser

Reaction score
Hmm. I have an old made in japan ds-1...never really excited me much. The sd-1 seemed to sound so much better to me, but it is much farther down on the ranking list. I would rank a ts-9 over a ds-1! I had one of the original guvonrs...bought it new when they first hit GC back around 87 or 88 I think. It was better than a ds-1 as well.
Of course, once I started using only marshall amps in 1989 or 90, I did not need all of my pedals anymore. I was big into the DOD pedals in the 80's.

sccloser

Reaction score
7. Boss DS-1
35. Morley Classic Wah
43. Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive

These are the only ones from the list I currently own. My Morley is a PFW, big chrome one made late 70's or early 80's.

Pedals I use the most are a ts-9 clone and and Boss GE7. The ts9 clone has a switch on it so I can switch over to germanium diodes so it sounds more like a dallas arbiter rangemaster. Kinda get that old Priest sound going. I'd use the sd1 more if it had a true bypass. I haven't used the Morley in years. I think I got it used in a pawn shop about 1988.

lonewolfsx

Reaction score
Wow I don't have a single one of those pedals.
I do kind of want the Digitech Whammy but there are a few more advanced competitors out now but regardless I don't have the money for a pedal that I really don't need, just to play around with.
I also really wanted a TS-10 Tubescreamer, and I'm surprised the TS-9 isn't on there but the 808 is.

So... no love for the TC Electronics pedals then? Mine sound fantastic.

One I definitely agree with though: the Hardwire Reverb pedal is fantastic as are the others in that series. I almost bought the hardwire delay instead of the TC one I have now, was a close fight. If I didn't have an amp with reverb I'd buy that pedal in a second, just can't justify it yet.